Fish Names

GlassMunky

Only half my fish have names.... i'm slackin. My green clown goby is named Toby. My blue damsel, is Damsel(I know, not original). but my 2 false percs are still to be named... Thought about nameing them "Marlin" and "Coral" after the movie, but it hasnt stuck.....

shark32

So far we have only one fish, a flame hawkfish, and his name is Bowser.
We also have:
banded serpent star - Tiger
coral banded shrimp - Snip
3 emeral crabs - Lucky, Mr. Krabs and Shammy
5 hermit crabs - Hitch, Spooky, Sky, Spike and Luigi

Great thread!!
P.S. - Grendel love the Gnap name, not many people remember that from the Smurfs!!

dmatt88

Has been struck by the ban stick
Well of course the obligatory "Mugsy" for the algae blenny.

And Im fairly certain my wife named the chocolate tang "quit chasing mr tomatohead" (our tomato clown).

Salterman

2 mated clowns = Thelma and Louis (not Louise)
Sailfin Tang = Abigail
6-line wrasse = Slinker
2 skunk shrimp = Jacques and.....Jacques

theDeedo

HA!

I have two yellow stripe maroon clowns (still babies IMO) named by my girl friend - Bonnie and clyde. But i am changing the name to Sid & Nancy because they fight so much, and there both all tore up.

Had a HUGE turbo snail named GUS . He was about the size of a baseball, and always knocked everything over...he has since been evicted.

A peperment shrimp named Pepe,

Choclate Tang who I have nicknamed Choco, cant remember the official name my GF gave him.

I have a yellow sleeper headed goby named Johann Friedrich Franz Burgmüller ...(a german composer)

A striped Blenny named Lola. Named by you know who...

I think thats it for the fish, I will update if I name the others.

I also have a HUGE american Bulldog named "Dozer", and a tarantula named "itsy"

PIMPALA

Krusty the Clownfish - Gold Stripe Maroon Clown

Carlos - Lawnmower Blenny

Bill - Firefish #1
Ted - Firefish #2

Opie - Orange striped Prawn Goby

Roberta - Pink Cucumber

new fish to add to my list:

Moby - Vlamingi Tang
Ahab - Chromis - (swims with Moby a lot)

Lucifer - Flame angel
Arson - flame hawk

No names yet - Mantis, flameback angel, diamond goby, YWG, and the pistol shrimp. still thinking about those.

XeniaLee

3 emerald crabs: King Kong (because he hangs on the LR and swings his claws around), Oscar, and Seven (she only has seven legs)
Gramma: Max
Watchman goby: Obie Goby
Yellow head sleeper goby: Moby Goby (but I like the name Sandy that someone else has for one of those)
Clown: Carmen and Calypso
and new Cleaner Shrimp waiting for a name.

catran

2 Clownfish- Peetie and Joe
2 Firefish- Flash and Dash
1 Scarlett Skunk Cleaner Shrimp- Hazel

Kiamose

I have a little clown called baby boy and the female is called cow bag, I think you all know why, my porcelain crab is called porcy, my fire fish is called fire fox as I'm thick and kept thinking it was a fox fish yes I know I'm thick, my yellow tailed blue damsel is called dorie as my three year old thinks that what he is from nemo can't bring myself to tell her the truth, and my cleaner shrimp is called bonjour. I love the idea, I'm pleased others love there fish so much they name them.

ReefPaddy

In the tank I shut down before moving to the US I had the following:

Rupert - Yellow Tang
Sally the Sailfin Tang
Dorie - .........
Lenny the Leopard Wrasse
Six the ..... 6 Line Wrasse
Flash - Coral Beauty
Rocky - Boxer Shrimp
Spice Girls - 5 Green Cromis (Band members left over time...)
Sugar Babes - 3 lyretail anthias
Wally - Our first hitch hicker in our first ever tank. He had 100G display all to himself for a month and we used to wake everyday and ask Where's Wally?? (I guess the US equivalent would be WaldO)
Roy - Hawkfish
Fergus - Sexy Shrimp (Random!)
Spike the urchin
Tony & Joe - B&W Clownfish (the sinister mob looking fish in our tank :))

nightfire76

we have
2 mated ocellaris clowns - melman & gloria (madagascar)
1 royal gramma - beauty
1 firefish - shiver
10 nassarius snails and they are a hurd of elephants (pronounced like kids say it efents)
and the next will be a banggai cardinal - marty - (madagascar)
oh we also have a pepermint shrimp named 2.0 or pider lol cause the first died
all our hermits are all called hermie and the urchin is urchy

I have a naked clown with white checks named Lucita. Her mate somehow made it into into the return chamber and got stuck to the return pump. Still haven't figured out how he got back there. Before his demise, he was named Pedro.

And my brother-in-law has a peppermint shrimp named Climber-Walker and a pencil urchin named Climber-Walker. Names courtesy of me nephew, and no their last name is not Walker. My nephew also named their clown Nemo and their Bangaii cardinal Elvis.

lbiminiblue

My (late) black ocellaris was Reggie and my (icked-out in qt) true percula is named Fred. My three chromises are the Three Stooges. I have my Decorator Crab clean up Squad- no names there, but they look like marines or something- they don't fear anything- the snowflake eel can't even smell them, they're walking gardens.

ScottB

YellowTail Damsel: Saban
4Stripe Damsel: Demba
2 Ocellaris: Iago and Abu
Hybrid Maroon/Ocellaris: Omen
Fire Shrimp: Henry ("ohn-ree")
Skunk Cleaner Shrimp: Pierre
Diamond Goby: Colin (short for colander cuz he sifts sand)

FCatCH76

Kole tang- Sexual chocolate (Coming to America- Eddie Murphy)
Midas Blenny- Bob
Mandarin- Steve
Male Lyretail- Goliath
4 female lyretails- the dancers ( Beyonce and J.Timberlake SNL skit)
Black and white clowns- Shamu and Orca