Fish exchange

girl214

Hey everyone,
So I adopted a rsm250 and all the livestock inside it. I transported everything a long distance and got everyone set up, healthy, and thriving. Now that everyone looks happy, I’m wanting to adjust livestock in the tank. There are several fish that I wouldn’t have chosen for my tank if I had started from scratch. I’m wondering if it would be safe to remove three of the fish and add 2-3 fish and some invertebrates on the same day. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Pat24601

First of all welcome and congrats on the RSM 250!!! It’s an awesome tank. I love it!

With regard to your question, I’d definitely take out whatever you don’t want at the same time. It’s hard to get fish out, so get them all out while you are at it.

As far as adding, it really depends on the fish. Some fish you want to add at the same time to help with compabilty and others you may want to add in a specific order so (for example) a more aggressive fish is less likely to be a bully if you add him last.

Generally speaking, I’d say you are OK, but the details of what type of fish can matter.

Invertebrates you can pretty much do whatever you want whenever you want.

Last edited:

girl214

Awesome!! Thanks for your advice. After we remove the 3 fish today we will only be left with a couple of clowns. I was thinking to add a fire fish, gramma loreto, and diamond goby all today in there place. Just didn’t know if that would be too much adjustment in one day