First time fragging!

Mperkins92

So i've got a rock of what used to be zooanthids thats been over run by xenia. I've been wanting to deal with them for awhile but didn't know how exactly. But now i've got the deluxe fragging kit from BRS thanks to my girlfriend and i'm ready to prune.
I have a few questions first tho. I think for the zoos i would just glue them to a frag plug but with what? superglue. and how low do i cut them from the rock and which tools best. For the xenias i'm assuming it will be much easier just snipping them but whats the best way to attach them back to something? also can i cut them higher on the stalk if their excessively tall and i want a smaller frag? thank you!

PSU4ME

JoePa lives on!!!
Staff member
PREMIUM
Super glue is fine, rubber bands work well too as they will attach to the rock quickly. I think for zoos and Xenia, just peel them off from the rock. Cut with a razor blade the area then peel back..... Should be that easy.

Bearjohnson

PREMIUM
RS Ambassador
+1 on the super glue. But buy the gel not the original.
As for the zoo's you can just scrape them off of the rock or what I do is take a razor and slice them as close to the base as possible and also a dab of SG and place them on a plug or another small rock.

Have fun!