First Sump

So I just got done plumbing my first sump. But I am not sure about 1 thing. Can the Drain line going to the sump be underwater in the sump? It is underwater right now and creating and giant bubble bath and is quite loud. It is not slurping from the top I made DIY Durso Standpipe. Any thoughts?

theDeedo

yeah I am having problems atm with a drain tube going into my sump as well. Its flexible tubing, not pvc. I am planning on buying some sponges (not the live kind) to quiet it down. Placing it around the output flow areas.

The water in the overflow would rise about 3 inches and then quickly drain and do that over and over again. So, I reduced the flow from my return pump and it is quiet and smooth now but I can barely feel the water coming out of my locklines and the water spilling into the overflow is just a trickle. Is this normal?

Exo

Well the fact that you reduced the flow from your pump and the overflow is now a trickle makes sense. The water coming through the overflow should always equal the amount you are returning to the tank with your pump.

The drain line going underwater shouldn't make any difference. Do you have a picture of your sump? That might help people come up with some ideas.

PIMPALA

You need one of these:

251863.jpg

solved all of my micro bubble problems, and I had tried pretty much everything else.

Here are some photos of the plumbing, I am using a Quiet One 4000 1,017 gph. My Drain is 1 3/4 so a 1 inch bulkhead with 1 Inch PVC for plumbing.
DSC_0126.jpg

DSC_0127.jpg