(First Reef Tank Ever) **** 600gal Display **** 1300gal System

Status
Not open for further replies.

jrf1175

All I have to say is wow! I though 90 was a good starter size....I'm not sure how you are handling this as your first system ever, I'd be losing my mind!

Nice work.

cbui2

blue_eyes53813-thanks but my friends shake their head everytime they come over. thats why i chose to do the entire project myself knowing where everything goes so i wouldnt have to call my friend and as him where do this plumbing go to, hehe. this fish room isnt completely finished yet as i will covered all the plumbing up with custom made panels.

DewDropPony-thanks but i stop counting after the tank was purchased

kathywithbirds-thanks, car audio and video

mps9506-thanks and yes similar equipment. i bought the best so the least amount of upgrades needed.

kyle1284-thanks, but by the time you read this i am in the process of upgraing already, hehe.

jrf1175-thanks its not too bad, i always take things one day at a time. it was a challenge but i'm nowhere near that yet, as corals and fish are being introduced extra caution are taking not to overload the system at one time so i wouldnt have to try raise, lower or add buffer elements to stable the system overnight. of course overnight water parameters is impossible..

boozeman-thanks but its central ac unit 18,000BTU. now thats crazy

AdvanceAquatics-thanks__________

kyle1284

i cant help but just be amazed by your tank!!! im actually gonna be goin through new orleans next week... mind if i stop by and take a look at things? lol ha

This setup is crazy, just looking at your fish room blows my mind... Please keep the pics coming!!! You have sparked my imagination as to the type of system I will build some day myself...Oh and what a nice call with the cat walk... Great job and please keep us updated!!!

cheeks69

Wannabe Guru
RS STAFF
Wow an amazing setup would be an understatement !!! Very well thought out and executed, you've got some talent and certainly it doesn't appear that you are a beginner. The aquascaping is magnificent, love the structures and shapes, very well done ! :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

billyr98

thanks for the info on the chiller, i am loving mine!! my tank runs .5 degrees now up and down! and the chiller is so big, it hardly runs!!

Your setup is sweet!!

cbui2

i cant help but just be amazed by your tank!!! im actually gonna be goin through new orleans next week... mind if i stop by and take a look at things? lol ha

sorry i didnt get back to you sooner, if you get a chance you can stop by

cbui2

Wow an amazing setup would be an understatement !!! Very well thought out and executed, you've got some talent and certainly it doesn't appear that you are a beginner. The aquascaping is magnificent, love the structures and shapes, very well done ! :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

thanks Robert, but this is my very first fish tank ever not even a 5 gal goldfish. scout honor..all i did was combined the best and most advanced system out there and incorporated with my ideas and came up with all of this. most of the build in the beginning was written on a few pages of letterhead before any work was performed. i thought plumbing was pretty much simple since i am good at custom wood working along with others things i do at my shop. as the aquascaping goes i started with 4 very large pc's of rocks at 92, 67, 87 & 65 lbs for the foundation and the rest of flat pcs's on top of that and so on. most of aquascapes was done prior to having the MH shine directly toward them so SPS can get the most lighting and flow. this tank will be SPS dominated with little LPS and descent fish list.

cbui2

thanks for the info on the chiller, i am loving mine!! my tank runs .5 degrees now up and down! and the chiller is so big, it hardly runs!!

Your setup is sweet!!

no problem my set point is 77 deg with 3 deg diff. unit turns on maybe twice daily. i loved this unit as my entire house have the same brand which works very well and not to mention its very cold. do you have a thread? PM me your setup if you could, thanks.

cbui2

sorry guys i have been busy spending time with the family.
here are some updates, i have about 15 sps colonies size from 4-7" and few inverts my friend gave me.

here's the newest member of the family
Powder Blue & White Cheek Tang Hybrid
Acanthurus leucosternon x Acanthurus nigricans
7-12.jpg

7-12b.jpg

7-12c.jpg

Nice job looking real sweet, just curious In what kind of added jump took effect In your electric bill If you dont mind me asking. Im still trying to figure mine out but since Its summer Its allways higher.

Status
Not open for further replies.