First reef tank. 100 gallon cube from scratch

rogue30385

Hey everyone, thanks for the friendly welcome. As requested I'm starting this thread to document exactly what I'm doing with my first reef tank. I'll post pics as the weeks go on. Only thing I have now is the tank (rimless cube) and stand. Most things have been ordered and on their way. I'm doing a custom built 30 GA acrylic sump because of the odd dimensions. It's gonna house my skimmer (bubble magus curve 7) return pump (jebao DC 6000) and my very controversial dsb refugium. Gonna be doing a herbie style drain and 3/4 in duel return with a scwd plumbed in. 3 jebao wp10s will hopefully complete the flow equipment. Gonna be running 2 24inch euphoric programmable led systems as well

DaveK

Overall I like what your planning. I would recommend not using the SCWD though. They have a notorious reputation for failing, and with the other controllable circulation pumps you plan, the SCWD is really not needed.

rogue30385

I had read that a few people did have problems with them. I guess there are other ways to get good flow from the return. I'm hoping to do fish and a few soft corals to begin. If LPS or sps are in my future it's a long way off.

what size is your reef tank? 2pcs 24inch prgrammable led are enough for your reef tank?I have a 48'' led reef aquarium,and use Intel-300w sunset sunrise moonlight programmable led light on the tank,very nice,and it is very good for growing reef corals,do you want to see my aquarium?Tell me your email,i can share it to you.