First Post - Novice seeking good advice.

lbiminiblue

Fantastic! Keep us posted. If you want to, start a tank thread where you can post all your tank updates. It's a sort of journal or log.
My rule of thumb/advice to anyone new here is to ask away. There is no such thing as a stupid question (most of the time). I, along with quite a few others, have had a hard time fixing our tanks because of not asking or researching a particular fish or coral. If you have any doubts, bring them here and we will do our best to answer.

ragabird

Thanks Blue.

I just ordered the following test kits:

Elos Calcium Kit
Elos Nitrate (NO3) Kit
Elos Phosphate Kit
Elos Nitrite (NO2) Kit
Elos Ammonia/Ammonium Kit

I also ordered the book that was suggested "The reef Aquarium - Vol 3

Should I be thinking about a cleaning crew at this point, or should I wait?

My Tank has a canopy, how does that hold with LED's or should I just continue with the T5's?

How do I post pictures?

Thanks much

Wrangy

Acropora Nut
RS STAFF
PREMIUM
One of the best corals and tank books out there! Awesome buy!!

The easiest way is to create a photobucket account and upload them there then link them here on RS :)
Here's the thread explaining the process:
Uploading Photos to RS

lbiminiblue

Thanks Blue.

I just ordered the following test kits:

Elos Calcium Kit
Elos Nitrate (NO3) Kit
Elos Phosphate Kit
Elos Nitrite (NO2) Kit
Elos Ammonia/Ammonium Kit

I also ordered the book that was suggested "The reef Aquarium - Vol 3

Should I be thinking about a cleaning crew at this point, or should I wait?

My Tank has a canopy, how does that hold with LED's or should I just continue with the T5's?

How do I post pictures?

Thanks much
Well a hood with T5s is a heat trap. You'll need fans and holes to ventilate it. LEDs are super nice, and quite frankly look amazing. They require minimal cooling and will outlast any bulb. Of course, they are very expensive. If you buy a good fixture like a coralife aqualight LED, it'll look awesome. They have all sorts of settings like cloud cover and thunderstorms. If you have the money to spare (over 2500) then go for an LED. They can support almost any coral and clam if you have good water too.

As for books, I'm sure that ones good, I have one by Martin Moe. Just make sure it's a recent book. If it mentions an under gravel filter, it's old