Finger Leather Coral Damage/Issue

OctoPunk

I have a Finger Leather Coral I have had for like four or five months. It has been thriving in my tank since I got it. No issue until now and it has even been growing by leaps and bounds.
At the base of each finger (on the inside - where the fingers meet the base of the coral) there appears to be multiple white craters. These craters started appearing about a month ago and the are becoming more prevalent as the days go by. Besides the craters nothing else seems to be wrong. The corals polyps come out like normal. It fully expands frequently and appears quite healthy expect for the craters white are getting larger and more frequent.
I have a Green Clown Goby who has taken up residence in it, but I really cannot see him eating this coral. That seems far fetched to me but What do you all think?
I also have a Starry Blenny who likes to dump sand on top of it, so every so often i have to blow off sand that collects in the base of the Finger Leather. Pretty much right were the craters are appearing, which I thought might be related? Thoughts?
Attached are the pictures of the coral and craters. Some said it could be the coral reproducing via division, but they did not elaborate on that or explain why they think that. Do ya'll think its that simple?

Attached Files: