Filtration Advice/Questions????

trent6868

I currently have a Fluval 404 and a 228 powersweep running my 54g bowfront corner Aquarium i have about 30lbs of live rock and 3inch substrate along the bottom.

I pulled all of this from my old 30g tank and it was suffice for 3+yrs... I am begining to wonder if this is enough water flow?

What would be ideal for this tank as far as new filter and equipment i search everywhere and no one has any advise for corner tanks...

My question is what would be the ideal set up for this aquarium, equipment wise????

I currently have 1-Blue spot puffer, 5-scarlet hermit, 1-emerald crab, 1- limpet.... and these have been in there for 2-mths the tank has been set up for 3 total months...

Attachments

• FULL SHOT 4-22-10.jpg
    FULL SHOT 4-22-10.jpg
    47.7 KB · Views: 37
I personally think you are going to set yourself up for failure. Canister filters are not meant to be used on Saltwater or Marine aquarium applications. You need some type of wet/dry filtration. It may last for a while, but eventually your tank will crash.

trent6868

So what filter do you suggest i purchase and so i need a skimmer???

Should i buy a hang on or a under cabinet, i dont have a lot of room under the corner unit...

CazK

The best filtration you can have for your tank is Biofiltration. So first I'd suggest doubling if not coming close to tripling the amount of live rock you have in the tank. I'd also suggest another 1-3 inches of sand to help in that area. As for the flow...well that powersweeper is going to give out on you. I love and hate those things so put it somewhere that you can pull it out and give it a good cleaning every month or so. If you can find the largest plastic bin you can fit under your cabinet or maybe a small tank. for the skimmer to go would be the best option. Normally want 3-5 times your tank size for the pump that will push the water back to the tank through this bin/tank. I'll let others suggest more things...these are just my 2cents