FF337's 180 gallon build - Augusta, GA

WOW!!!!!!!!!! So jealous I wish i had half your talent !! I want that stand and hood. Give it tooo meee LOL Nice man nice. def will have a major show piece when tank is all done

BLADEYAMAHA

Looks good, should have just got some Berghia Nudibranchs to eat the Aiptasia, 180 is a great size, I think, NICE! :D

reeferman

hes got a tank full of berghias.it was more about building his dream system than aiptasia eradication,he just used that as an excuse to his wife!

FF337

Reggie....Shhhhh. She might be reading this.

Well. Where do I start? I am only waiting on a T5 ballast to kick this thing off. Also, I am waiting for a friend to bring over his pod farms (Gutter guard zip tied into a cylinder, filled with rubble and seeded with pods) He has 3 that is slap loaded with pods. I will be using these in my sump and cycling them into the tank every few days to get the pod population through the roof.

I wanted a large sump with a built in top off reservoir to keep everything self contained. So we had to build it. Interesting night lol. Where I installed the tank there is not a room behind it. It would be a nightmare to plumb everything to my Laboratory...:) So I will rely on flex hose and pumps for weekly or monthly top offs and water changes.

The sump is 48"Lx18"Wx22XH. The ATO section is 12x18x22 or 20.5 gallons, skimmer section is 12x18x16 or 14.96 gallons, fuge section is 16x18x16 or 19.95 gallons, return section operates at 8"x18x10" or 5.5 gallons and has an over under trap.

On to the pictures.

IMAG0746.jpg

IMAG0749.jpg

IMAG0748.jpg

IMAG0751.jpg

IMAG0771.jpg

I used all schedule 80 pipe and fittings. Cepex ball valves were ordered from PVCfittingsonline.com Awesome prices. I used clear braided line from the sch 80 drain lines to the sump. I wanted it flexible to allow me to bend the lines around the skimmer section and also it is removable to change socks out. Both drains will either enter a single 7" sock Or 2 4" socks.

I should get that T5 ballast tomorrow or so. Once I get the lighting taken care of, I am going to start adding zoanthids, and the LPS I am keeping out of my 120.

Thanks for looking. Any questions, comments, concerns let me know.

reeferman

interesting night indeed!any more kickin chickin sandwiches and pizza and it wouldnt have been finished.i cant wait to see some acros in that beast!
oh yeah,i have a question and concern.why is it that in all the pics,im working and your holding a camera?

FF337

Kickin Chicken sounds great right now. OR the rest of those wings from the mexican place. They are incredible. I can't wait to see this tank in its prime. I can only hope it looks half as nice as yours.

reeferman

haha,i just finished off them wings!well with BJs help.
give it time,it will be better than mine!