feeding frozen food

DaveK

The only way you can do this is to have someone come in and feed them.

Obviously, you can't put a mass of frozen food in the tank, and you can't put it in an automatic fish feeder.

The best solution I have found is to just go away and leave everything alone. Feed normally the day you go and lightly on the day you return. I find this works out much better that having someone inexperienced with reef systems try to do anything. I've left my system alone for up to 2 weeks without any issues.

The one exception to this is if you have livestock that must be feed every day. This is usually fry (baby fish) or specialized feeders such as Anthias sp. damsels.

JoeCanada11

Good advice. I have done the same thing many times over with my freshwater tanks. Much better to underfed than over feed and organisms are able to survive long periods without food. However they are not able to survive long under poor conditions from over feeding. Many "tank crashing stories" I have heard of read about begging with "my fish sitter put too much food" ....

magnum

If you can get a sitter I have put the food in little ziplocks pre-measured and had them come every other day to top off and feed. Before I did that I came home to an algae filled mess.