Feeders- Automatic

lakefish

I have a 72 gallon bow front with the glass lids I have fish and coral. MY coral can go a couple of days if I feed phytoplanton. I am looking for an automatic feeder for my fish that I can put in my aquarium without cutting my lid. Is there any feeder that attaches inside the aquarium for flake or any other marine food? I just want something for 3-5 days when I go out of town. IT can be battery or electric. I would not mind a chute for the food to go into the tank, but know that this would get wet over time, I just don't want a large gap in my lid for escape artists to get out of along with water loss.

mps9506

What kind of fish do you have? Most fish can go 3-5 days without food and have no problems.
Otherwise all the indoor auto feeders I have work essentially the same way. They all seem to work best with a pellet or granule type food as well. I believe all the ones I have seen clamp on the rim of the tank.

lgerold

Certain fish do need more frequent feed, like anthias, and some of the wrasses.

I just ordered an automatic feeder, so I can set it to feed shortly after lights on, when I'm not home. I'll let you know how it works out!

lakefish

I wonder if an seaweed clip would help instead for those times when I am out of town. I wish they made something like the freshwater stone looking food that disolves. I do have some Algea pellets too that drop to the bottom, but I have spoiled my fish to flakes twice a day. Maybe withholding will get them interested in the other food. I don't think that anything will eat other fish in my tank so that is good.
I have.
2 Bar gobies
8 assorted damsels
1 Blue Tang
1 Bi Color Blennie
2 firefish
1 Scooter Blennie
2 cleaner Shrimp
1 coral banded shrimp

lakefish

I actually had an electric feeder that I really liked, but I would have to cut a whole in the top of my lid. I loved it, but stripped the gear that turned it by manually turning it regularly.