Feather duster question

thakidjoe

Hello everyone I have a question on my duster. Do they reproduce? Because mine have 2 antenna looking. Things coming out on its side about two inches from the head of it

Oxylebius

I'd leave it alone for now and not mess with it. It might take care of itself. It you mess with the duster too much it may not be happy about it. If you want to do something about it, then pile some sand on it. But, my advice is not mess with it.

DianaKay

Princess Diana
RS STAFF
Thanks for all of your help. I will leave alone and see what happens down the road.
Update with any changes you see. It is really strange looking. Is the growth GREEN?
(Can't tell the color from the picture very well)
Anyway, would appreciate an update ;)

slfcaptain

It looks like a red macro algae. I have some growing in on a cerith for the past 6 months. It is very slow growing and has not spread anywhere else. Unfortunately I don't remember the name but i'll dig around to find the info I found. From what I read it grows so slow that it rarely becomes a nuisance. I'll post a pick of my snail in a moment.

steve

DianaKay

Princess Diana
RS STAFF
Cool picture Steve! I bet that's what's on the Feather Dusters tube.
My Green Bubble Algae came in on a feather duster's tube....
And I've had GBA somewhere in my tank ever since then. :(

thakidjoe

Well at this time it is clear with very light white and a brownish tip. growing from the body of the duster. I will keep you updated on what it does over time.

Mike Johnson

Doesn't look like any algae to me. Kind of resembles a baby Gorgonian. Definitely leave it alone and see what it turns into for now.

thakidjoe

Yes it's starting to branch and it is also starting to grow more all the way down the dusters body. Will this hurt the duster?