Feather Duster or Aiptasia?

Pat24601

So, for months I've thought these hitchhikers on my button coral were feather dusters and I've been letting them grow and spread (still all on same coral base rock).

A post in @miro thread made me wonder if it's Aiptasia (which I couldn't spot in a line up) and I should be getting it out.

Thoughts?

image.jpg

Squatch XXL

If you have these and they are spreading, congrats. Your photo is certainly a feather duster. I don't know the correct terminology, but you can see the "tube" that they create and retract into. Aptasia simply retract into the existing rockwork.

feather duster :) exhale that stressful deep breath haha
I know the feeling all too well, however in addition to exhalation, you should certainly breath easier in general. ;)

Pat24601

Thanks all!

@Snelly40, the exhaling the stress deep breath and breathing easier definitely sums up how I feel about it!

@Squatch XXL, thanks for the detailed explanation as well. It will help me (I hope) as I try to ID in the future. :)

The LFS didn't tell me this hobby was prone to bouts of panic when I got into it. :)

Last edited:

Squatch XXL

The LFS didn't tell me this hobby was prone to bouts of panic when I got into it. :)
I am so paranoid that my current build is using dry everything from the start. If I want to introduce something, I prefer to dictate. I have had hitchhiker calerpa ruin me once.