Feather Duster Location

dgilbert2

Where is the best place to put a feather duster? I put one in over the weekend but its hardly coming out any more so I'm wondering is they prefer calmer waters as it was getting blown about slightly?

Pat24601

I place mine in the sand bed right next to my rockscape. :)

That's what I did too. I'd say the area is "medium flow" for my tank. Not the highest flow area, but not a dead zone either.

I can't say I know what they prefer in terms of flow. I probably should look that up. Up until you just asked, I didn't think about it. I just stuck it there. :)

It seems to do well for the last 8 months or thereabouts.

dgilbert2

I was watching the tank tonight and may have seen the problem? As soon as the feather duster popped out, my common clown fish went for it as if it was food and so immediately it went back in <sigh>.

DianaKay

Princess Diana
RS STAFF
Clownfish are sometimes very territorial....might should relocate the duster.
My clowns even try to kill snails that get too close to their little clay pot :confused:
Needless to say, I have to manually clean the algae off their clay pot since no snails are allowed to go there. :rolleyes:

3dees

I have a duster growing out of my gps and it keeps getting bigger. it is in heavy flow. they are filter feeders and need current.

dgilbert2

Thanks for the replies, its looking more and more that my clown fish are upsetting the feather duster. Probably best to take it back to the LFS as its not happy :(