Eyes of porcupines, puffers, triggers, and groupers

Skywalker

Am I just being picky or is there something wrong with almost every porcupine fishes eyes that i see? This is also a trait common to dogface puffer fish triggers and panther groupers i see in stores and everywhere online. Notice the spots of discoloration on all of these fishes eyes, normal or a sign of poor husbandry? Any advice or comments are welcome thanks :)
valentini_puffer_1.jpg

ReefFrenzy

I have read that a lot of what you see in these pics is caused by the fish pacing in the tank and scratching their eyes on the glass. My my puffer, nor any of my other fish have displayed these signs so I really can't advise if it is a treatable bacterial infection or abrasions.

I know a fellow club member had a puffer with eyes like that, but it cleared up on its own.

Here is my "baby"...

Larry

IMG_1648.jpg

lbiminiblue

They do look like scratches

Well my first guess would be that they live fairly rough lives, what with chasing down live prey (including long legged crustaceans) that may very easily give them a scratch on the eye. In a tank where they're fed dead food, I'd guess they bump into rocks and get beat up or they share the tank with another agressor. All fish you described have messy eating habits, wouldn't be surprised if some of their food got them in the eyes.

kv2wr1

That's normal. I forgot what they call it, but its like a natural UV protection for the fish and it is more noticable on puffers than any other kind of fish.

If it looked more like this then I would be worried:
41978d1272218729t-possibly-cloudy-eye-puffer-sick.jpg

DSCF1245.jpg

if the fish's eyes are working well, and it has acute vision, I would say- 'don't second guess the animal's creator". Just my opinion.