Euroquatics E5 bulbs for RSM 250

Hello all!

I am brand spanking new to the site and I am very happy to find fellow RSM owners.

I have a second hand RSM 250 that is about a year old from the date of purchase so I have recently purchased ATI t5's and have installed 2 of the bulbs so far due to recommended slow bulb change to not shock my corals.

Of course after the purchase I've done more research on other options for the next bulb change. During the research I started looking into led and euroquatics e5 bulbs. I guess e5 bulbs are like leds and have a life span of upto 8 years. Saw e5 YouTube videos and they look pretty good to me.

What do you guys think? Or has any body have experienced the e5 bulbs in your RSM's?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Last edited:

DaveK

The vendor's web site contains no information about what mix of LEDs they are using or the levels of light created. This makes them very difficult to evaluate.

In my opinion, you'd be much better off going with something like an LED retrofit system, such as the one from Steve's LEDs. Here is the web page (offsite) - http://www.stevesleds.com/Red-Sea-Max-250C250-LED-Upgrade--Plug-and-Play_p_192.html

Yes, such a solution is a lot more expensive, but you get what you pay for. It's also a lot more controllable compared to the LED T5 type bulbs.