Euro Reef RS 80 setup

okiejaco

Can some one post some pictures of their skimmer to give me an idea on where to have the bubbles break? This is all new to me and I just got my rock in the tank and started up the skimmer. I am running it with the riser pipe all the way down for right now. I bought this skimmer used, if that makes any difference.

goldenmean

I dont understand what you mean by where to have the bubbles break.
What type of skimmer is it? In the sump? in tank? hang on?
How about a pic of how you have it set up!

okiejaco

Here is a picture of how it is set up now.

skimmer8.jpg

Dentoid

Smile Maker
PREMIUM
I just posted in your chronicle about this. I would shoot for the top of the bubble foam half way up the collection cup riser for starters. You can adjust from there for a wetter/drier skimmate when you get an idea of how this is going to work. Right now, what it looks like in the photo, is that the skimmate has quite a distance to travel before reaching the collection cup.

Jake

I have an RS80. The manual says to setup with the bubbles at 1" up from the bottom as a starting point. You need to adjust from there based on your preference of wet/dry skimate. I ran my at 1'' up for most of the last year and it is wet skimate that needs the cup emptied every 2-3 days. Lately I have been trying to make it run longer between needing to empty.