Euphyllia Corals

mps9506

I know some of you guys (and gals) out here have some awesome colonies of hammers, frogspawns, torches etc.
I want to see some pictures. They can be professional or taken with a web cam I don't care.
These were some of the corals that got me into the hobby in the first place. Let's see some pics of your colonies...

cheeks69

Wannabe Guru
RS STAFF
I'll post a pic of my Torch tomorrow:)

127_2706.jpg

127_2707.jpg

Gina

RS STAFF
Here are ours. They are not the greatest pics like some of you guys post though.

Last edited:

BigReepher

I just picked up this Euphyllia divisa the day before yesterday. This picture doesn't do it justice however.

Attachments

• frogspawn1.jpg
    frogspawn1.jpg
    61.3 KB · Views: 143

Woodstock

The Wand Geek was here. ;)
RS STAFF
Frogspawn (purchased from briane) under actinics only:

Attachments

• frog spawn_actinics.jpg
    frog spawn_actinics.jpg
    79.9 KB · Views: 136

Woodstock

RS STAFF
Hammer under actinics only:

Attachments

• old hammer_actinics.jpg
    old hammer_actinics.jpg
    77.4 KB · Views: 134

Woodstock

RS STAFF
Just got this one from briane last weekend. Frog spawn under actinics only:

Attachments

• new frog spawn_actinics.jpg
    new frog spawn_actinics.jpg
    68.6 KB · Views: 130

mps9506

That is a crazy looking hammer coral, almost looks like a cross between a frogspawn and a hammer.
Mike

Woodstock

RS STAFF
yeah it is. I have the mother colony and a frag i got from it. the mother colony is the strangest of the two.... i guess it has been hanging out with the frogspawn a bit too much. :p

Maxx

One of the LFS near me has puple torches in stock. Ive never seen anything like them. Normal looking but with lipstick purple tips.

Nick

mps9506

Maxx, are the skeletons still white on those? Sometimes these things get dyed over in Indonesia before getting shipped to the states. I don't think it's very common anymore, much more common with leather corals.
Mike

Maxx

No these are not dyed. These are healthy, purple torch corals. My first thought was that these might be dyed, but closer examination showed this was their natural appearance.

Nick

Maxx

If my tank was ready, You'd already be seeing it. Also the LFS is 45 minutes away.....
Nick