Enough Flow?

Ratpack

I am currently planning my 75g tank. The return will be a LG pump that will have about 1000gph at the tank level and the returns will have DIY eductors on them. Just wondering if this may be enough flow in the tank or should I go ahead and plan to drill some holes and add a closed loop as well? I really hate powerheads or anything else in the tank itself. I am also interested in what people feel would be the best location and direction for the eductors?

fish wilson

how many over flows and size. its recomended about 10 % turnover on over flows. i would do a closed loop with a dart w/ 4 returns, my new 180 has 3 1inch overflows @ 600 each return of 1400 closed loop @ 5800 and 2 koralia 4s. so my turn over rate is about 62 times per hr. thanks fish

prow

humm eductors why do you want to use those? it will restrict your flow and i would imagine you will need to clean it often to prevent clogging.

sebastian

if you have few extra inch. in back i mwould recomend WAVE 2K it moves around 4,ooo gal/h + your return...you should be fine......if you want to see wave 2k instaled in my tank go to my pics