Emerald crab shedding or dieing?

Bigjacko

I have just done a little bit of maintenace only to find my emerald upside down and struggling.

He is almost white and appears very weak and lifeless. It isn't a molt as the crab is still moving....just.

Now I'm wondering if it is on it's way out or if I have found it in the process of a molt?

It's eyes appear to have shrunken right back into the carapice too.

Advise welcome guys.

dankent

How are your parameters / temp ? Whens the last time you checked your iodine levels ? Also your water changes, are they normal frequency ? Wouldnt happen to have a picture would you?

Just for ****s and giggles ... how is the algea in your tank ? If he is starving you may want to give him some Nori , if there isnt alot of algea for him to eat.

Bigjacko

I add 1ml of iodide on a weekly basis.

There are patches of bryopsis and hair algae through the tank. I don't think he's starving. He has been in there for months now. He was one of the first additions. All of the other crabs in the tank are still active and going about their business.

I will post a pic just now.

DSC01551.jpg

DSC01550.jpg

XeniaLee

Did you ever figure it out? My emerald crabs are getting whitish. They act normal, but I worry about the white on them.