Eggs?????

blondie323

Can someone please ID these for me? My friend foubd them in his aquarium today and they seem to be eggs, only problem is the only thing he has 2 of ate cleaner shrimp. Is ia possible that they have layed eggs?

Attachments

• eggs.jpg
    eggs.jpg
    32.6 KB · Views: 76

blondie323

I thought so too but my friend claims to not have any snails in his tank unles they are so small he can't see them or they are hidding...there are several spots like that one in the tank...about 5 other spots

Gibeon

Night snails! I have a couple crazy snails in my 10gal nano at work that I've only seen once or twice and only because they were caught off-guard by late night office visits.

Warnberg

Cleaner shrimp carry their eggs with them until they hatch... so they are not shrimp eggs. It looks to me like a type of snail egg cluster, as everyone has stated above.

Woodstock

The Wand Geek was here. ;)
RS STAFF
I have never seen that type of egg cluster before. It looks like feathers.

.... ohhhh Boomer! :D

Boomer

Reef Sanctuary's Mr. Wizard
The only thing I know of that looks like that is a calcium carbonate or maybe silica growth on the glass formed in that pattern due to current flow and past algae structure

How big is that area ? Get a better close-up. Put your finger on it and see how easily it comes off. Is it soft or hard ?