Eggs... Everywhere??!!

LuckyInk

Reef Painter
Eggs... Everywhere??!!
The reason I type this as if I were perplexed is because I am. I have not seen a captive spawning event like this before. I have unidentified eggs virtually everywhere in my tank right now. All of them are under a ledge and hard to photograph with the exception of one batch. Any idea what decided to get busy in my nano? The look like snail eggs so they very well may be. Note the size of the serpulid worms in the second pic.
I have nassarius, bumble bees and turbos in my tank now. I wonder it they are the ones making the babies. Anyone else see these type of eggs before?

eggs1.jpg

eggs2.jpg

mps9506

My turbos lay eggs quite often, but they are usually in a couple of relativley straight lines and I always see them on the glass.
Dunno what else to tell you except here is a bump.

KimPossible

It looks like the begennings of Clathrina Latticework sponge.
If you have the book Invertabrates part of the Oceanographic Series by Julian Sprung~~Check out page 33.

Boomer

Reef Sanctuary's Mr. Wizard
I would go with the eggs, no sponge, it is way to geometrically perfect. There are two spots both with about the same size structure, kinda points to eggs, especially if they appeared overnight. If an animal more than likely one of the Ascidians.

LuckyInk

Reef Painter
Thanks everyone.
I really don't see any content in the 'eggs', so I'm not totally convinced that they are what I originally thought. The cells look either empty or transparent. I spent an hour in front of the tank trying to see something I haven't over the past few nights. While these spots are TINY, I really cant make out too much. Each set is under an overhang in the rock, with no direct sunlight. Furthermore, if they were eggs, I would suspect my busy lil' emerald crab would have gobbled them up during his daily rock patrol.
I took more pics tonight, but none of them are as good as the first two, but I am saving them, none the less. I will snap more pics later in the week to see if I can spot some growth. If I do, I will post pics and we can debate this further.
On another note, I do have those small white sponges in my fuge, so I know it is definitely possible for my system to support those critters.
Till then, I will continue to be more fascinated and less shocked!
C