Eesa's RSM 650

Mrsalt

PREMIUM
Check out charterhouse I think they stock it mate. I don't know who if anyone on this forum running it tbh. Looks interesting thou.

Wrangy

Acropora Nut
RS STAFF
PREMIUM
Can't seem to find any actual information on it, just them touting the product. If it's what I think it is it sounds very similar to what Glennf runs his reef with but all of his information is out and available. It sounds interesting as Alan has said but with that little information on the actual products, their ingredients and other factual information I am dubious at best however I'm always happy to be proven wrong :)

Naj117

Check out charterhouse I think they stock it mate. I don't know who if anyone on this forum running it tbh. Looks interesting thou.

I'm planning on going there on Sunday with a couple of other reefers to invest in this apparently charterhouse has been running the method on one of their tanks and it works a treat no more water changes or having to dose coral foods!

orieng

I'm planning on going there on Sunday with a couple of other reefers to invest in this apparently charterhouse has been running the method on one of their tanks and it works a treat no more water changes or having to dose coral foods!
Let us know what you see and think of this new Triton method. As for me I am starting Zeovit tomorrow.

Mrsalt

PREMIUM

Cool, I went to their old gaff in Waltham cross a couple of times as I got my 650 from them. Would love to see there new showroom as I read that its pretty impressive, but I know I'd spend far to much so better keep away lol

Mrsalt

PREMIUM
Bet you pass a ton of ATMs on route too lol. Out of interest what's the parking like round there?

Naj117

Bet you pass a ton of ATMs on route too lol. Out of interest what's the parking like round there?

The showroom, fish house and where they hold all the stock are in those railway arches and they are huge. Parking you can just drive through the open gates and park up on the right (this is what i do and Matt and the guys don't have any issues with this) definately worth a visit mate especially their showroom there's some stunning displays in there

Parisian

Morning all,

Has anyone gone the triton method with their tank?

I know several people who have tried their analysis service, which is interesting because they make tests you could not make by yourself, as it requires lab equipment. That is interesting to do from time to time.
Otherwise their method is just Balling supplementation with a more precise dosage of trace elements, based on the analysis of your water ... :lookaroun

Naj117

I know several people who have tried their analysis service, which is interesting because they make tests you could not make by yourself, as it requires lab equipment. That is interesting to do from time to time.
Otherwise their method is just Balling supplementation with a more precise dosage of trace elements, based on the analysis of your water ... :lookaroun

If it avoids me doing water changes then I'm all for it.

Love your tank by the way, wow!

Wrangy

Acropora Nut
RS STAFF
PREMIUM
Nothing yet mate, I'm in Barcelona at the moment

That's awesome!! I'm massively jealous :p Sounds so much better than winter :laughroll Enjoy your trip mate!! Make sure you update us once you're back though ;)

Naj117

Evening all,

I hope you all are well.

Thought I'd give a quick update, the tank has been a disaster! I've lost 3 hammers 2 heads on my torch I'm down to 1 anthia the other one went nuts and jumped out the tank, I put it back in and 2 days later it did the same thing again!

I haven't put any fish in a long time as I was trying to get everything settled, I went to my LFS and had the water tested and they told me my water was fine so I bought a beautiful large naso and a cleaner wrasse to go with it. The next morning the naso was dead and u can imagine I was p***ed off as the naso cost a lot of money but the worse thing was it was such a beautiful fish and for it to die within 24hours was heartbreaking, it's not the cost of the fish but having such a beautiful specimen die hurt most. I went back to lfs and told them what happened they said my KH dropped from 7 to 6.5 but the funny thing was when I had my water tested initially I was told my kH was 8 not 7 so they lied to me just to sell the fish! Needless to say they have lost a very good customer as I will not be going back there again. Why do LFS'sbehave in this manner?!

I'm stuck now, I don't know what to do and how to get my water better any advice?

Wolffman64

So sorry to hear all this mate! Some, definitely not all, LFS are crooks, and have either no idea of what they are doing, or blatantly lie to get a sale. I have been lucky to come across two very good and trustworthy LFS (Marine Boutique and Majestic Aquarium) that are very helpful and honest. One of them even "refused" to sell me more fish at one stage, when I was going to fast with my first sw tank 4 years ago.

I would strongly suggest that you have all your own testkits, it's a small cost compared to the rest of the investment you have made in your tank and live stock. As for which ones to get, there are a lot of different opinions, and from my knowledge, one of the best is to get a combination of salifert and Red Sea test kits (some test are better in one brand and otherwise). I myself use only Red Sea for all tests, and even though some of them are a bit of a pain (Mg) most of them have worked really well for me.

So, what are your other water parameters (Salinity, PH, KH, Ca, Mg), and what is the exact PH value? A Ph of 7, if it's 7.0 is very low and quite impossible to achieve unless all the other water paramaters are completely out of whack (KH, Salinity etc).

Naj117

So sorry to hear all this mate! Some, definitely not all, LFS are crooks, and have either no idea of what they are doing, or blatantly lie to get a sale. I have been lucky to come across two very good and trustworthy LFS (Marine Boutique and Majestic Aquarium) that are very helpful and honest. One of them even "refused" to sell me more fish at one stage, when I was going to fast with my first sw tank 4 years ago.

I would strongly suggest that you have all your own testkits, it's a small cost compared to the rest of the investment you have made in your tank and live stock. As for which ones to get, there are a lot of different opinions, and from my knowledge, one of the best is to get a combination of salifert and Red Sea test kits (some test are better in one brand and otherwise). I myself use only Red Sea for all tests, and even though some of them are a bit of a pain (Mg) most of them have worked really well for me.

So, what are your other water parameters (Salinity, PH, KH, Ca, Mg), and what is the exact PH value? A Ph of 7, if it's 7.0 is very low and quite impossible to achieve unless all the other water paramaters are completely out of whack (KH, Salinity etc).

Cheers wolfman I have got the Red Sea tester kits and will test tomorrow as I don't trust anything lfs says anymore.

I'm finding I've had more problems with the 650 then my 250 lol, Sod's law

Naj117

Afternoon all!

So turns out my phosphates are high, is anyone running a phosphate reactor and how have you installed it and where?