Eastern NC Frags

madgaffr

I just got back into SW after a 2 yr break and am looking for some help to stock my 10 gal nano. The LFS's ive checked around here don't carry much, especially frags. I live inbetween Greenville and Newbern. Anyone able to help me out getting some local frags/small colonies??
my tank - 10 gal AGA / False wall with overflow-fuge-return / 175 watt
10k xm, so any corals are possible, but softies / LPS preferrable.
Thanks

Woodstock

The Wand Geek was here. ;)
RS STAFF
Welcome to RS~~ :)

If you're ever up near Chapel Hill, let me know and I'll frag a few things for you.

madgaffr

I'm off this whole week too, too bad I only have 30 bucks left in my "I can afford to blow this on my tank before next payday" jar. (Heater cracked while doin' a waterchange today!) This tanks been setup for two months now, levels are perfect, and its getting depressing looking at my turbos go to town.

lcstorc

Welcome to RS. Too new for fragging in my tank, and I'm too far away but hopefully you'll find some useful info here even if not the frags.
Peace
Lynn

Welcome aboard madgaffr!!

Save a few bucks and check out Seacrop.com You can get a 6 frag pack for 40 bucks or a 12 pack for 75 plus shipping. Total cost on the 12 pack is about a c note. Yeah, that's alot but 12 frags would just about fill your tank.

madgaffr

I greatly appreciate the help guys! It's amazing how people come together in this hobby to help each other out, but if you were stuck on the side of the road with an overheated car, 1 out of a 100 people would even think about asking if you needed help!!!

mps9506

I don't have much left, but if you are ever in wilmington give me a shout and I can make some frags before you get down or ask a few people that live around here.
Most of the hobbiests that frequented the online forums have moved or gotten out of the hobby. Any particular frags you are looking for?

madgaffr

I'm mostly a big fan of softies and some LPS. My last couple of tanks have consisted of leathers, polyps, zoos, and some frogspawn/hammers. Iv'e had great success with softies and love the movement (never a dull moment) I appreciate the offer and will definitely take you up on it the second I could get down there!

mps9506

TBH, I mostly have sps, but as always give me a shout and I can see about lps and softies in the area :)

madgaffr

Im in Chocowinity (between Greenville and Newbern) I'm finishing my last class to graduate for ECU online this summer session, so driving a reasonable distance is possible anyday. (It's always fun to stare at someone elses tank for a while!) I see your located in the Outer Banks... where exactly? Depending where, it might not be too far.

madgaffr

I go to Newbern twice a week and from the map it's 1/2 way to Emerald Isle. I'd be more than willing to make a trip out there should there be a couple frags to pickup. Let me know:whstlr:

Woodstock

The Wand Geek was here. ;)
RS STAFF
Emerald isle is nice! I vacationed there over a summer once... Welcome Jemhidiahssj4~~ :)