E-260 ATO?

SPR

Hello, I'm looking to purchase the E 260. Is there somewhere to put a UV if I don't get the sump?
You won’t be able to fit a UV-C unit into the E260 without a sump as there simply isn’t any space in the rear chamber and UV-C’s are generally quite large by nature.

You can still get one but you would need to have it outside the system which isn’t to much of a problem as long as everything is sealed correctly.

I’ve run a UV-C from the start of my system to kill floating ‘nasties’ in the water column but you need to make sure the flow rate is correct otherwise it will be ineffective.

For Marine Ich in its floating stage you need to achieve 72000 microwatts/sec to kill it off so you need to calculate the correct flow rate through the UVC based on its power. I run my system at this flow rate 24/7 with no issues.

rmcfish

You won’t be able to fit a UV-C unit into the E260 without a sump as there simply isn’t any space in the rear chamber and UV-C’s are generally quite large by nature.

You can still get one but you would need to have it outside the system which isn’t to much of a problem as long as everything is sealed correctly.

I’ve run a UV-C from the start of my system to kill floating ‘nasties’ in the water column but you need to make sure the flow rate is correct otherwise it will be ineffective.

For Marine Ich in its floating stage you need to achieve 72000 microwatts/sec to kill it off so you need to calculate the correct flow rate through the UVC based on its power. I run my system at this flow rate 24/7 with no issues.
Thank you!