dusky jawfish breeding

john01

Hi First timer here. I have a 72 gallong bow front reeftank and i noticed my duskyjawfish has a mouth full of eggs, yes there are 2 duskies in the tank. I was wondering about any info on rearing the babies if they hatch or any other info. Thanks John

lcstorc

john01

I havent done anything special, just maintenance and good food. Any advice on taking clear pics Thanks John

john01

I have noticed when the male isnt holding the eggs in his mounth, he fans them with his tail. You can see this from underneath the tank where he has cleared the sand

SeaMunky

Wow congrats on the mouthful...If you need anything, or have any questions, I will do my best to help ya out...My baby Banggais are 2 weeks old now, and today I found dad with a new mouthfull...
I will tag along with you...post pics if ya can..would love to see..

john01

HI seamunky the eggs are gone, dont know if they hatched or what. But about day7 that i noticed the eggs, they are gone. i'll let you know if anything new happens and congrats on your new ones.

SeaMunky

Hey John...thanks...Mu guy swallowed his mouthful a few days too..I am guessing it was to close to the last batch and we was still hungry and needed energy build...
Hope you get a new clutch soon..

SeaMunky

Woohoo...good luck with the new clutch...First one may have been overwhelmng for him..with alittle practice they will get it right I'm sure...Keeping fingers crossed for ya..Keep us posted..Can you get a pic of him holding? Would love to see it..

john01

Hi seamunky I do have some pics. I have to wait for my kid to show me how to put them on here, as i am not computer savy.