DSB in the Max

doubleduece

Negative!!!!!! Ghostrider!!!!!!!

Mine is in a fuge in my stand:eek:lsmile: :eek:lsmile:

DSC_0321-1.jpg

aftbn

I too am running a refugium inside the RSM stand using a 24 gallon JBJ nano with a DSB. I must say within days, I noticed a remarkable improvement to my main display tank. I was having a terrible time with Cyano and just couldn't shake it. I removed all filter media from the RSM except the protein skimmer added the refugium and litterally with in days all my Cyano went away.

doubleduece

Technically a sump and a refugium are diffrent, A sump would be used for your return pump, skimmer, reactor, etc. A refugium is mainly for nutrient export, micro and macr fauna, a safe haven for fish or coral, taken from your DT, and pods. My fuge is custom made out of acrylic and has three sections, the water enters into section one where the skimmer lives, section two is the DSB and fauna, section three is where the return pump and fluidizer reactor live. There are many, many ways to configure a fuge. I noticed a big diffrence withn a couple of days, in a drop off in algae growth.

doubleduece

Yes, you cant see it in the picture, it is behind the blue fuge divider(look at the pic), same tank. You see the Tunze skimmer on the left, the back section is the sump. You can have a sump/fuge in the same tank, you just have to use dividers, as you can see in the pic the blue divider runs left to right, right to left, side to side, whateverbeat_dead_horse . The return pump and a externally plumbed fluidized reactor W/ ROWA Phos is in the back section on the left, so the back section has two sections.

Linds

Hi doubledeuce, This is exactly what i've been looking to do, any chance of some design sketches, how have you done your flow and return, any ideas gratefully received

cheers

Linds

Reefmack

NaClH2O Addicted
PREMIUM
Linds - :welcomera to the RSM Club on this side of the "Great Pond"! :) I just set up my little 10g sump/fuge yesterday - it's not as nice as doubleduece's or aftbn's 24g JBJ, but hopefully it will work out well for me. I really just want it to grow chaeto in for nitrate export.

doubleduece

LindsI dont have any sketches, but I will Give youy all the details I can..

The Deminsions are 21x16x16 and it is divided into 3 sections, as you can see in the pic. the fuge section is in the front and runs the length and is exactly half the depth of the tank, the back two sections have a divider that runs front to back, down the middle. The right side is where the water flows from the tank via a Lifereef Filter Systems, the right sections also hold a Tunze 9005 skimmer, and filter sock. The Left side has a Sieo 300gph return pump on a mag. base, sittng on a shelf half way up that compartment, so that if the overflow were to stop flowing, the pump would not pump out that entire compartment. The front section has a piece of egg crate to hold back the cheato, to allow me some livestock overflow from the DT.