Dremel!

Intranick

Theres a little plastic thing on the power cable to my dremel. Says Do not remove. is it an anti theft device, or something to protect other things from RF interference (ferrite core?)

Wanna take bets?!? I miiiight remove it...

Funlad3

Has been struck by the ban stick
I bet that you'll have no problem ever with a mechanical tool; I haven't yet either!

I doubt that they'd make an anti-theft device built into the cord of your dremel, my guess is that it houses a small electrical component for altering the current to the motor.

Willie McDaries

Theres a little plastic thing on the power cable to my dremel. Says Do not remove. is it an anti theft device, or something to protect other things from RF interference (ferrite core?)

Wanna take bets?!? I miiiight remove it...

:LOL: I'll bet you cut the "do not remove" tags off of your mattress :D I did mine too,I hate when I buy something and they try to tell me what not to do with it...it's mine dang it :lol:

I'm just guessing but I assume that is there to prevent RF interference in other electronic devices,if it can easily be reinstalled if there is and issue,I say go for it :lol:

Intranick

it was an RFID tag. so people dont steal it from the store. inside the plastic case that says DO NOT REMOVE was simply one of those white patches you find inside a DVD case...

Willie McDaries

it was an RFID tag. so people dont steal it from the store. inside the plastic case that says DO NOT REMOVE was simply one of those white patches you find inside a DVD case...

its so the door alarm goes off if it hasn't been deactivated by the cashier,I hate when they don't deactivate those,everybody looks at you like you're some kinda low life.....it's funny when it happens to some one else though :lol:

dmatt88

its so the door alarm goes off if it hasn't been deactivated by the cashier,I hate when they don't deactivate those,everybody looks at you like you're some kinda low life.....it's funny when it happens to some one else though :lol:

I've been known to stick the tag to people just to watch their faces. Its like the grocery store carts with kids in em. Who doesn't hand the kids stuff when moms not looking.

..........I live my life as a warning to others.

Intranick

I've been known to stick the tag to people just to watch their faces. Its like the grocery store carts with kids in em. Who doesn't hand the kids stuff when moms not looking.

handing stuff to kids.... thats just cruel and unusual!! (perhaps hilarious)

dmatt88

Try it dude. Its flippin hilarious