**~DOW~ Reef Supplements

Maxx

JBNY,
what are the algae disc's you are using? I've never heard of them.
Nick

JB NY

Wardley's make these spiralina algae disks. They sink right to the bottom of the tank. Over time the snails and other fauna in the tank need some extra food. I drop a few in the tank. Within 15 minutes, a few snails are snacking on it or a shrimp is picking at it. By the next day it's gone. They were recommended to me to by Inland Aquatics to help keep the sand bed healthy. I try to remember to do it more often, once or twice a week. But it always ends up being once or twice a month.

-Joe

Dracunculus

For my 58 gallon mixed reef I drip kalk (Mrs. Wages pickling lime) for top off and do a 6-10 gallon water change using IO salt (amount depends on how lazy I am feeling at the time) once a month.

Gina

RS STAFF
We use Kent Marine Iodine supplement right now. We are slowly trying to build up our iodine. We had 0 reading a little over a month ago. We were adding 10 drops a day and have up'd it to 15. Will probably do some testing this weekend and we'll see if it's helped. Other than Iodine all are other test are ok. Once and awhile we need to up our CA but, not that often. We use Kent Marine superbuffer when needed.

Gina

chinoxl3

I boosted the calcium to 450 using Reef Complete and now I only add B-Ionic everyday to maintain calcium and alkalinity.

Once a week I add 6 drops of Kent Iodine.

BigReepher

I use aragamilk in my topoff water and b-ionic in the tank. 15% water changes every two weeks. It's been doing pretty good.

i've been using salifert ....calcium, a little iodine, a little strontium, magnesium, soft trace, they say they have ionically balanced everything...in the future i may stop iodine and strontium, not sure yet...i don't use much as is...

weekly water changes...unfortunately the only thing i test for is calcium...i need the others....

of course i test for ph,alkalinity, nitrates, etc. but i need the others! i was testing for phospahtes but have been convinced that hobby phosphate test kits don't detect inorganic phosphates and are almost worthless....if you get a phosphate reading at all i hear it's way too much....

in my system (after initial cycle) nitrates have always been undetectable....all test kits are hagen....

if anyone has good or bad things to say about salifert or hagen i'd love to hear em

i keep hearing bad stuff about kent, but what do i know?

Nautilus

Kent powder Turbo Calcium when needed.
3 times a week Warner Marine 2 part CalxMax.
Warner Marine Lugol's Plus Iodine Solution 1 drop 2 or 3 times a week.
Now doing 10 gallon water changes on a 80 gallon every 2 to 3 weeks.

10% water change every week or every other 15%.

Dose 2-part Ca/Alk every other day [daily when I have extra time beyond looking at the tank], kalk the day in-between. Started with C-Balance ... then Ocean's Blend, now trying B-ionic ... probably go back to C-Balance after as I liked that best [super anecdotal, but seemed to let me keep Ca/Alk higher]