Don"t Buy From Aquatraders!

djpj001

Where to begin with the crap I've been through with AQUATRADERS.
Well- I bought a 45 inch submersible moon led light. I received it damaged through UPS. I followed protocol to send the item back to the company- which they would send me a new set after they received the damaged product. After 4 e-mails several calls (which resolved nothing), they have not sent my item or refunded it. Based on UPS and the aqua trader site they received my damaged light on the July, 31 2006. I've reported them to the better business bureau, which I'm still waiting for a reply (it takes 24-48 hours). I filed the complaint yesterday. I've never experience such a lack of irresponsibility from a company like this before. I feel victimize and don't know what to do. I really wanted the lights b/c I couldn't find them any where else but now I feel like just getting a refund. This company has really disappointed me. But what's worst is the total lack of service with no e-mail reply from support and being lie to on the phone (several times). Has anyone gone through this and how would you resolve it? Thanks for providing this forum - I really needed to vent.

DJPJ

lcstorc

If you get no response from the vendor contact your credit card company. There are policies in place to handle just such situations,

BoomerD

Sure wish you'd have asked before you spent your money. I'm in nor Cal, and they have a TERRIBLE reputation. Low quality products and virtually NON-existant customer service...As I understand it, (and I asmit I might have misunderstood) they are another re-incarnation of a particular LFS in the bay area that opens, does business selling crap and horrible fish, then, when there gets to be so many complaints and charges filed, they close up shop for a while, and open with a new name, new location, using a different family member's name on the licence.

mps9506

One of my employees ordered MH hood system from them. It took two months to get the hood, then took another month to get the ballasts for the hood. He has had the setup for three months and has already replaced both ballasts and both bulbs.
Just remember you pay for what you get...

MarbleShark

A merchant has 30 days "by law" to put a credit back on your credit card from the date they received the defective merchandise back. They do not have to refund you back for the shipping either. Your card company or the better business bureau will not be able to do anything until that 30 day period has lapsed with no credit.

Hope it works out for you!

djpj001

Well here's the current news- The Better Business Bureau contacted them which lead me to get a complete refund. I really wanted to get those lights- i can't find them any where else. But - I decided it's not worth doing risky business with Aquatraders, they have such poor customer service. I mean I think they try hard to piss off thier customers. They just don't have proper business ethics. I know 3rd grades that have better business traits selling 25 cents doughnuts. Well that's that

MarbleShark

I was warned against those kind but you can find them on eBay for around the same price. If you are dead set on those I would try that route. Just remember like I was warned.. "You get what you pay for."

you can dispute the item through your bank it normally takes up to 2 weeks but they are normally resolved sooner. that is what you must due at this time you will not need to wait 30 days.