Does this clown got ICH?

reefhusker

After doing a water change yesterday I noticed these 3 spots in my male clown. Was wondering if anybody thought it was ICH. He is acting completely normal at this time. I am getting livestock in today so if it is ICH i am in a bit of a pickle. Heres the best picture i could get.
DSC00587.jpg

mettjl03

That looks like ich to me! Do any of the other fish have it? If not I'd take that clown out and move it to a different tank and start treating it. Good luck!!

reefhusker

That looks like ich to me! Do any of the other fish have it? If not I'd take that clown out and move it to a different tank and start treating it. Good luck!!

He's in a 65 gal. with his girlfriend and they are the only 2 fish in the tank, but as luck would have it I am expecting 2 more fish in the mail today! As far as I can tell, the other clown does not have spots!

mettjl03

There a couple of different ways you can get rid of ich. IMO Copper treatment works the best. But if u choose this path the fish should be put into a different tank alone bc copper is deadly to inverts... Below is a site about ich and copper treatment. Anyone else have any other suggestions??

Copper: the Sure Cure for Saltwater "Ich"

reefhusker

I am a naughty boy and not set up with QT but I could get a 10 gal from Wally world set up in the next couple days. Only problem, no bio filter ready.
-Is the water infected or just the fish?

mettjl03

I'd do more water changes than normal for a while just to be safe... The ten gal should be fine. You have to get a copper test kit because you need to bring the levels up to a certain level. Read that article I posted and do some other research. Hopefully some1 else will post what they did to cure ich so you have different options to choose from.

leebca

If you are sure the fish has Marine Ich, following this post closely: http://www.reefsanctuary.com/forums/fish-diseases-treatments/52236-curing-fish-marine-ich.html

If you are unsure (like I am from the photos), I would move the fish to a QT following these guidelines: http://www.reefsanctuary.com/forums.../23584-fish-quarantine-process-step-step.html for observation. Have what you need to cure Marine Ich on hand while you observe.

A better group of photos may be more helpful. Do you think the spots are sharp and clear points, or slightly undefined (smeared or fuzzy)?

reefhusker

I came home to check the clowns and the spots are no longer present, however i am aware that more than likely the parasite just fell off. I wish I knew what I was dealing with here so I knew if treatment was urgent. No doubt I will go get a simple 10 gal setup from Mr Walton later today. Might take 10 gal of display water and place it in Hosp tank and get ready to treat if needed.
Anyone know if the spots will reappear at a later time if this is ich?
There appears to be no other symptoms such as rubbing against things, rapid breathing or swallowing.
-The closest LFS(60 miles) has a copper treatment and he said all it takes is a few days. The people there always claim things are easier to do than they actually are.

leebca

There is much for you to learn about Marine Ich. :ponder2: You'll get almost all you'll need to know from this post: http://www.reefsanctuary.com/forums/fish-diseases-treatments/23132-marine-ich-myths-facts.html

The above link is one of the fundamental links in the first post link I provided.

The spots will come and go. The spots are the only visual stage of the parasite so you can't trust just what you see to know if it is there or not. The spot can form and drop off within a few hours so it could even be happening at night. I'd still follow the general recommendation I provided in the previous post.

I would spend more time reading than listening at this point in time.