Does Anyone Have A Pacific Cold Water Tank..if So..

fishheads

I Am Thinking About Starting A California Coastal Tank...are All Parameters The Same...I know ill need a chiller, what temp.......is It Illegal To Harvest Anemones Up The Coast From Monterey To Bodega....what Anemones Are There...urchins..starfish...snails..what Other Animals Are There....since I Only See Animals In Tide Pools While Surfing.....i Only See The Basics That I Named....could I Get Names Of Different Species:d

I don't have a cold water tank, but i would imagine your main difference is mostly the temperature. that would be more to the Margarita snail and Catalina goby's liking. and while I know it is against the law to catch the state fish Garibaldi, I have seen it for sale on a couple sites. I don't know what is allowed and what is not allowed to be removed from the tide pools, you better check with California's Fish and Game. the laws have changed since I was a kid on school trips and was allowed to destroy and plunder the tidepools, not knowing any better. check with Boomer, he might have better ideas. sorry I'm not much help anymore, but i hope this gives you some ideas. a transplanted Calif native.:confused:

cheeks69

Wannabe Guru
RS STAFF
I know Steve Weast did start Pacific Cold water tank and believe he started a thread at RC about it. There's some info HERE

lcstorc

I have pics of an awesome one from Seattle. I'll try to dig them up for you. Could be helpful.

lcstorc

here are some pics we took at the aquarium at the zoo in Seattle. I think it was called Defiance and it was spectacular. The zoo was fabulous and the aquarium was incredible. A must see if you get to Seattle.

Attachments

• coldwater1.JPG
    coldwater1.JPG
    49.9 KB · Views: 45
  • coldwater2.JPG
    coldwater2.JPG
    41.3 KB · Views: 45
  • coldwater3.jpg
    coldwater3.jpg
    48 KB · Views: 44
  • coldwater4.JPG
    coldwater4.JPG