Doah!!! or A round about way to do a water change

funkpolice

Man, I messed up this time. I was trying to replace the lights over my refugium with a cp 6500 twisty bulb as the old lighting fixture was leaking current into the tank. The 10 gal fuge is super tight under my 55gal stand, so the new clamp on fixture wouldn't fit in very easily. I thought if I just nudged the fuge back a little bit I could get the light in, but a nudge was all it took to crack the tank around the bulkhead fitting. It was only a crack at that point, and a slow leak so I started siphoning out the water. I got all the water out I could and unhooked all the plumbing. As I tried to sneak the tank out the plumbing was catching on power cords. I could here the glass cracking more and more, and the water leaking out faster and faster. The baby was screaming, the wife was yelling, and the cat was being curious. I got the tank to the sink and siliconed the hell out of the cracks. I let the silicone set up for a couple hours, and I think I'm ok now. Every thing is back together now, and I'm going to pick up a new tank tomorrow, and hopefully have success in drilling it. I don't trust the silicone, so I'll be a nervous wreck until I can replace the tank. On the bright side, I had to dump about 5 gal down the sink, so I made it up with new water, unplanned water change. I need to go have a cigarette and go to bed, this was way more than I planned on dealing with tonight. nd I still have no light on my fuge. I need somthing really low profile, maybe some kind of retro fit t5 will work. Later,
bill

as5401

what is going in the fuge? I set one up with these things and the chaeto is growing like a champ.... They are grow light l.e.d's that can be submersied. I attached them via epoxy to acrylic accross the top of my fuge.. The fact that they are water tight.. low voltage, no heat, and actually grow 3 kinds of macro for me very quickly was worth the price... From a safety stand point it might be a good idea for someone thats in the habit of punching there tanks to make room. :)

this is the store i bought them from but i am sure there are other...
eBay Store - MeasureExplorer: prototype Board SMD SMT adapter connector breakout, LED home wall floor car bike aquarium Lighting

And no i dont own the company... just happy with a fuge project i used these on i used the grow light and the white wide led tubes

just a thought..............