• Only Some

Votes: 41 38.3%
  • No way!

Votes: 20 18.7%
  • No, there is too many.....

Votes: 7 6.5%

• Total voters

WaiWiliki

I'm a bit superstitious about naming my fish. The feeling is that if a fish is given a name then that fish is doomed.

forestal

i also feel a bit funny naming right away, don't wanna jinx..

took me a month before i would name my seahorses, even tho they would be fine..

mps9506

Nope, never have never will. Was always told it was bad luck. At the aquarium I worked at there was only one fish with a name, a 16 year old porqupine fish named george. But even the aquarists said it was bad luck to name fish :)
I get my BS in marine bio and I still don't spell pl*co or name my fish... figures...

zenn

if you rename your fish, they will die. You might as well flush them. it's some kind of curse. My fish recieve names like....Mr. Tang and Mr. & Mrs. Clown and Mr. Mandarin.

Reefstick

I used to name them all, but then the ones I named died, so now I stick with names like Blue fish and fast fish, when the neiborhood kids come over to look at them.:bouncer:

BoomerD

Yep, that one is Stupid, this one is Stupid, those over there, they're Stupid, Stupid and Stupid...get the trend? Now my wife, she gives them all nice names, the clowns were Harpo, Claribell, and Marvin. My Sohal tang was Dumbo, because he swam thru the tank, like an elephant tromping thru a garden, the purple tang was...yep...Barney, etc....and each fish no matter if it was small and cute, or big and ugly, got it's own nice, cute name...but I'd say, NO, that's NOT Queenie, that's Stupid...:rolleyes:

dobejazz

Mine Kinda have names Perky the Percula, Hecter the Hecter Goby, Ugly shrimp is Mr. Googly. But most don't have names

dragonladylea

Yep! Theres Shamu the maroon clown, Dillinger the pistol shrimp (my name for him the hubby calls him Billy the kid) Edward Scissorhands the Decorator crab (my hubby tells me Edward doesnt understand me when I am yelling at him but I swear he frags anything I tell him not to touch). The bumblebee snails are the Twins because they are always together and the big Tongan is the Sub (submarine) but all of our pets have names and there are alot of them to remember.

Witfull

i did name one fish,,,,on hopes he would get the curse~~

Serial Killer the Sohal Tang, but he was so mean the curse was scared to get near him!

cesar

I had a Maroon clown fish named "Johnny Five" in my 20g tank that lived for 2 years until he fell victim of my Aqua C Remora's pump. Sad day that was.