Do you look at water changes as "fun"?

Do you find water changes "fun"?

• Yes

Votes: 54 49.5%
  • No

Votes: 55 50.5%

• Total voters

Basile

I voted no because its not an activity planed for amusement, its in my schedule to do, but i get satisfaction in the sense that i provide a better living condition for " Ding" and "Dong" , "Richelieu" and "Grouper" they seem happier after are interaction together.

Reddog170

I voted yes. I do not get alone time as the entire family helps out. It is so funny to watch a 5 year old trying to get the syphon started, the last time he acualy got it going. Then ran around yelling ewwwwwwwwwww grossssss. So yes, we have a lot of fun with the tank maintance. This may have started as my hobby but is definetly a family hobby now. Shaun

DaveK

It's not fun, but it is necessary. It's part of owning a reef system. Just like you got to walk the dog, even if it's cold and raining outside. It's all part of the TCO (Total Cost of Ownership).

David Shaw

I love it.

I get my salt r/o water premixed from my LFS, so for me that is the easiest and least time consuming part.

I heat the new water, and whilst its heating i syphon off and do a good scrub and clean of the tank, rinse the media bags etc and then i just put the new 50% clean water change in.

Takes me about an hour a week. I love it when the tank is all done, clean and in showroom condition again.

I personally cannot stand dirty substrate or manky algae / coralline covered glass so i am very thorough.

1Reefer

I enjoy water changes because I know how much my tank likes it! an I like to keep my reef inhabitants happy lol voted yes

I enjoy doing water changes!! I enjoy doing anything that is going to make my tank better. water changes are part of that. I have my tank on a schedule. the doseing, testing, water changes, lighting, what gets fed and when it gets fed. I just started all the timed items about a month ago. I love it!!:yup:

Eric

Google Warrior
PREMIUM
I didn't vote, you should have added a 3rd option 50/50 I'm here nor there on the subject.

DBrinson

Only time it was fun was the time I had the entire hood off to do a 30% water change and my cat lept "on top of" the tank ... heh heh

smkndrgn142

I had to vote no on this one. I can't say that I actually enjoy the process of a water change. However I have to say I enjoy the results and getting to know what's really going on with my tank. And the me time that goes along with whole process, that's nice too!

Kingumar

My favorite part is when you start a syphon with your mouth, and move the hose a little to late. :)

T. T. T. Tasty Tasty (insert Fergie Voice)

~Michael

+100

I do that quiet often. Then im stuck with it for a little because i dont want to break the siphon, massive confusion :lookaroun

I have found a solution for me though, my little brother is great help :snowski:

I dont look forward to doing a water change but i know i have to do it so i make the best of it.

InLimbo87

I'm not sure I'd call them fun, so I marked no. They are a necessary evil though, and not too arduous if you setup your system the right way.

Kovu

I voted yes, Its hard for me to do since I have to use buckets for a large tank to do them, but at least I know I am doing something to help out the tank.