Do Clownfish Ever Sleep?

crushton

I only see my 2 clownfish swimming at the top of the tank at night. Is that normal or are they not going south due to the two damsel fish I have (120 gal though).
Charlene

Little Luey

Hey crushton.
I don't know about your fish but I see you are in Crown Point, up until June of this year I lived in Merrillville for 8 years. Welcome to RS.

Woodstock

The Wand Geek was here. ;)
RS STAFF
Have you recently added the clowns to the tank? Newly added clowns will sometimes stay at the top of the tank until they settle down and feel more comfortable. My newly added percs did this for about 3 or 4 nights before finding a coral to sleep in :)

Cougra

I've had a fairly wide range of clownfihs behaviour. I've had one that floated sideways on the surface of the tank every night (scared the hell out me all the time), one that slept on the substrate of the tank and a couple that nestled in the xenia patch.

fidojoe

Fish Addict
Mine have always slept vertical in a corner. Usually pointing straight down. There has to be either a heater or powerhead there for them tho, otherwise they'll find another corner.

octavian

crushton said:
I only see my 2 clownfish swimming at the top of the tank at night. Is that normal or are they not going south due to the two damsel fish I have (120 gal though).
Charlene

Capture and remove the damsels.

The look so cute, bu they are pure evil.

:guns: