Do clams sting?

Dingo

I heard that it could sting pretty bad if it closes on your finger...

That is also known to cause foul language.

Dingo

I once saw a photo of an angelfish that got a little too curious about a clam in the tank. Smushed. The clam won.

It would be tough to get a finger in there before it closed.

Maxx

actually the clam wound up dying too, the owner freaked and used a screwdriver to try and remove the fish, thereby killing the clam.
Nick

cheeks69

Wannabe Guru
RS STAFF
Originally posted by Dingo
I heard that it could sting pretty bad if it closes on your finger...

That is also known to cause foul language.

That's a good one Dingo :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Nick nice pic of 'clams gone bad':doh:

mps9506

They have been known to sting the wallet pretty badly on more than a few occasions...
Mike

Dingo

Those are the exact pics that I saw. Not the brightest move, taking a screwdriver to the clam. Might as well just shuck and boil the thing for dinner. Steamed giant clams.

fidojoe

Fish Addict
Might as well just shuck and boil the thing for dinner. Steamed giant clams.

That'd be one hecka expensive dinner! Specially for it to only be enough for one person...if that.:D

sorcerer

Court Computer Wiz
The pictures reminded me, there is a photo in the Daniel Knop giant clam book in the back that shows a moray with it's lower jaw caught in a clam....Doesn't look like it feels very good....

jojopus

Originally posted by sorcerer
The pictures reminded me, there is a photo in the Daniel Knop giant clam book in the back that shows a moray with it's lower jaw caught in a clam....Doesn't look like it feels very good....

lol, you got to it before me, those photos reminded me of that one in the Knop book as well. I always wondered though, did the clam get its mantle damaged from the sharp teeth in the moray's lower jaw...i would assume so .....

mps9506

Those are the exact pics that I saw. Not the brightest move, taking a screwdriver to the clam. Might as well just shuck and boil the thing for dinner. Steamed giant clams.

Raw giant clams are great... I used to work at a Sushi bar during high school and my boss would make this great salad with giant clams.
Mike

Dingo

I hope you scammed a couple before he chopped them up.

Did the customers pay extra for the green ones? :p