DM Training

aquaman_06

Hey Guys,

Good to see a diver forum integrated right into an aquarium forum! I am leaving for Florida to do my Dive Master training here at the end of the month. I decided to UPS most of my gear, (BC, wet-suits, etc) down to the dive school instead of take chances with the airlines.

We are doing our ocean dives off West Palm Beach. Anyone been there. I am taking a 3/2mm Bare Progressive Stretch wet-suit, think that will suffice.

Woodstock

The Wand Geek was here. ;)
RS STAFF
Congrats!! I wish I was too!

Other experienced divers will need to answer your questions :)

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
Awesome aquaman! I am planning to get my SCUBA certification as soon as I get back from my next cruise. I'm stoked!

Best wishes on your endeavor.

Allen :)

aquaman_06

Thanks guys, I am looking forward to it. My gf and I started diving a little over one year ago. We went to the Florida Springs for our Advanced Open Water and Nitrox training and I was hooked. The last ocean dive I did was in July in the Outer Banks. We were on a sunken liberty ship called the Zane Grey. The amount of sea life was wild!

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
OBX? Did you say OBX? I love that place. Once I get my certs and some experience under my belt I'd love to go do that same dive.

Allen

aquaman_06

OBX has some great wreck diving though if you go to NC's southern Outer Banks it's even better. Moorehead City is known for its blue water diving with great wrecks and visibility. The only downside to our diving in OBX was the boat ride. Well it wasn't the boat ride itself but rather the other people puking!

AQTCJAK

RS Sponsor
All sounds fun to me. Vicki is able to dive as for me I can not anymore I feel very left out way to many knee surguries fins & my knees dont agree :(

75reef

Just saw the thread here. If you didn't leave yet... All I ever wore, was a lycra suit, but honestly I just put the BC right over my bare back. It is so warm in the water down there, especially this time of year. Even doing deeper diving, there were no thermoclines that I've gone through that I feel have been uncomfortable. Have fun!!!

Cal Native

I'm curious do you still need to be a certified lifeguard to get your DM, I did but that was a long time ago.