DIY overflow box

Brady92

Haha I'll post up some pics in a kin but this is gonna be interesting to see how much water I'll lose learning how to do this but do far iv got 3 acrilyc boxes (ones a backup) and iv cut teeth into the tank side and practiced drilling a hole for the bulkhead it's water testing right now I still need a u pipe and other random plumbing but pics soon to come

I Love Living In Japan

Brady92

b2947361.jpg

61ca8ba0.jpg

47411e1e.jpg

I Love Living In Japan

Brady92

The first pic is the surface skimming box do y'all think the teeth are deep enough the second two pics are the backside of the box I'll cut off the handle and put a divider in the middle I'm workin on cutting the bulkhead in with the dremel and does anybody think a lid on the backside of the box would be beneficial the box came with one and I was wondering

Here's my bulkhead
b7905e28.jpg

I Love Living In Japan

Brady92

Haha thanks so far I'm in ¥950 and all I think I need now is some flexible hose (I have PVC but I want the flexible stuff idk why but I want to try it) and the u tube

I Love Living In Japan

Brady92

I think I will it's already got a hole drilled for the pipe since I practiced on it for the back box lol so it's no more extra work imm try it

I Love Living In Japan

Brady92

So does anyone know how to bend PVC without flattening it on the bend tried boiling it and that worked but I don't feel the way it flattened would allow proper flow I might just buy a utube and also to make sure my siphon is self starting (I'm running a airline hose to push water from my return pump to the top of the utube) I would not prime it right it should prime itself

I Love Living In Japan

StirCrayzy

We used to put sand inside steel tubing to keep it from kinking.duct tape it in.
Anyone with a torch could make top notch bends without dies.
sand keeps the center from caving in and let the material move without compromising inside shape.
In mythe head theis concept could work for pvc, but incase you get some stuck in the pvc, id use reef safe pure silica sand.

Brady92

I'll try that the only utubes here are pretty small compared all my other plumbing is the main reason I want to make it

I Love Living In Japan