disapearing clown

dne63

So I have a clown fish in my 12g nano and a while back I thought he had died because I had'nt seen him for about 2wks or so. I thought because I had been out of town for a while that he must of died while I was gone and had decomposed while I was away but about a wk or so after I got home I was cleaning my tank and found him in the back where the filter is so now it seems he just loves to get up where the filter in take is and every few days he jumps back over into the filter . I thought maybe he was getting stuck against the in take but he can swim away from it anytime he wants , I have a very small blue and yellow tailed damsel in the tank with him but he's not even 1/2 the size of the clown it just seems he like's to go back there and hang out every couple of days.

Woodstock

The Wand Geek was here. ;)
RS STAFF
Great news that you found him :thumbup:

Make sure the mean damsel isn't being so aggressive that he scares the clown into the overflow. You may have to watch from a distance as most fish act differently when their 'feeder' is near ;)

Dentoid

Smile Maker
PREMIUM
Very true Doni. I am finding this out with my flame angel. When I'm watching all the fish seem to pal around, however, someone is picking on him. I still can't figure out who?