Did you pass on the s/w bug

phoneman

Just a few years ago I told a man at my work about my 5th or 6th. lol I can't remember now lol s/w reef.
And he said !!(what)!! how many tanks do you have?
And after a few weeks of talking about it he asked me THE QUESTION... Will I help him set up a s/w tank ...

It was so cool to see a new reefer getting into it like me. He has 2 tanks now and we just talked about his 3rd tank possibly going up soon lol.

And another coworker in getting back into fish keeping as well. It is a 75gal fresh water but some of them are cool too.

So I am a fish pimp lol 2 down and 2 million to go lol
What about you ??????????

Woodstock

The Wand Geek was here. ;)
RS STAFF
........So I am a fish pimp lol 2 down and 2 million to go lol
What about you ??????????

Hahaha! Nice work :thumbup:

I don't think I have been as good as an influence as you have since I only 'hang out' with current reefers. LOL~

phoneman

Hahaha! Nice work :thumbup:

I don't think I have been as good as an influence as you have since I only 'hang out' with current reefers. LOL~

I have found it is a good way to move my old equipment lol...
He will call me from time to time and say my tank is kikking a..
i got this,did you see that new lfs,what about this,help me with that,it is like a 3 kid....lol...but cool.:thumbup:

vdituri

I was on the receiving end of a reef pimp's influence.
I have to admit, it didn't take much convincing.
Freshwater tanks were beginning to bore me.:drool:

Cassette87

Hah, after i set up my tank, my girlfriend instantly was fascinated, i got her an eclipse 6 for her room, as a freshie tank, which she loves, but she wants s/w now... hehe she sees how much money ive spent on it though and say's she'll be happy with her tank as it is ;)

Anselth

I passed it on to a friend of mine. She's taking care of my tank, and I have to help her set up her own when I get back.

lcstorc

More than getting people into the hobby I try to help new people set things up right. Whenever I am in the LFS and an obvious newbie comes in I help them out and tell them what they need etc. The LFS guy loves me for this since it saves him the time of explaining things to them and I am good about recommending things that he has in stock. In fact he has started stocking several things that he didn't before so he can get the sale on the skimmer or whatever.