dgasmd's tank/pictures

dgasmd

Well, I must admit I feel very left out and alone because nobody ever started a thread about my tank LOL........:D

Actually, I've been meaning to take some half decent pictures of my tank to post for a long time, but I had been so busy in the last few months I could never get the time to mantain the tank clean enough to take pictures and never had the time to take the pictures in the first place.

Monday afternoon, I got my neighbor and we took off my canopy (3 man job). This is what it started out like:

144dirsty-tank-med.jpg

Here is a picture of the xenia invasion that happens about every 3 months:

144xenia-invasion-med.jpg

Imagine the glass with 5 times as much coralline and algae on it, and that is how that back end looked like monday. Here is a picture of what it looked like today after I got done with it tonite:

144Clean-1-med.jpg

144clean-2-med.jpg

144clean-mid-back-med.jpg

The left 2/3 of that last picture is where the xenia was:eek: :eek:

In anticipation to me moving 1200 miles away, I put a post in my local club's board about selling my livestock. I put for sale all my larger colonies and pretty much just kept frags to take with me. 95% has been sold already and what remains is either what I am taking or what has not bein picked up. I am also donating some frags and a couple of small colonies for a raffle we'll have in oour upcoming meeting where Mike Paletta and Eric Borneman are going to speak. Yes, I am quite the philantropist:D :D

Since all I have now is frags and some smaller colonies, here are a few pictures from tonite.

144violet-monster-med.jpg

144unnamed-tortuosa-med.jpg

144DC-tort-and-other-med.jpg

144tricolor-med.jpg

144seriatopora-hystrix-med.jpg

144red-and-blue-table-2-med.jpg

144red-and-blue-table-med.jpg

144purplish-acro-med.jpg

144purple-monster-med.jpg

More coming.:D :D :D

sharks

Contributing Member
Awesome pics and tank!
Will you ship anything? To NJ?
If not I may need to drive down :(
That queen angel is stunning :eek:
I will take frags of almost everything you have.
Seriously let me know how I can get a few frags off ya.
S

Robz

that last one is a spectacular piece, I ve seeen it in person and have a large almighty frag from it is just beautifull!!!!
Alberto those are some great shots!!!!

to bad you had to tear down your tank to clean it LMAO!!!!!!

:D :D :D ;)

keep them comming buddy!!!!!

sharks

Contributing Member
OK from Robz's recommendation from that last pic I'll take that top left piece with 8-10 heads from the last shot :D
Great pics

Robz

dude I swear that true abrolhosensis is so nice, under my raduims is getting greenish with the bluest tips you have ever seen!!!! that colony In the picture is huge!!!! very fast grower too!!!

Playa

Alberto the change after cleaning it is remarkable. Thanx for posting such awesome pictures of your beautiful corals. I really look forward to have you as my neighbour. Dr. I got your PM and I am making contacts, I should be back with an answer very soon.

Cheers to your beautiful reef!

Luis

Brucey

Alberto ..... gorgeous looking SPS's dood. Love the yellow and blue's .... really stunning. Good luck selling the rest of the Livestock ..... shame you gotto sell them. Nice powder blue, I've had mine a year now and they go a deeper blue than that after a while, how long you had him.
Anyway, great pic's .... thanx for sharing
Brucey

Gina

RS STAFF
Beautiful shots! Mark and I just joined CMAS and are going to try and attend that meeting! So, maybe we will get a chance to meet finally!

wooddood

the wood dude
man alberto when you post pics you post pics lol.awesome reef great job.also i posted to everyone in the photo gallery thought i would never get done lol.

tankgirl

Gaaaw!!! Alberto, you've got the most gorgeous tank and astounding corals it make my eyes pop outta their sockets!

Every coral is really remarkable!!

Where are you moving to? Closer to me, I hope! :D

Cougra

I remember having my tank looking like your first photo for a while. :( It definately takes a lot of work to clean it up! Thanks for sharing that cleanup job!

You have some really nice fish and corals in there! to