Devils Tank Build

Devilboy

Hi everyone :hallo:

I will be posting my tank build on this thread as i go. I started to do some of it. But i will be moving out of state on the weekend of March 9th. It maybe a few months before i get everything settled in the new place and i can start to work on the tank again. But once i do, i will post my photos.

Plans so far:

75g RR w/corner overflow
20g long sump
Reef Octopus NW200 skimmer
PanWorld 50px return pump
50# Kaelini live rock
50# Marshall Island live rock
Oceans Motions 4way
ReeFlo Dart for CLS and OM 4way
Custom built canopy/stand
2x250w SE ARO retro
2x54w Sunlight supply T5 HO retro

Once the tank starts to move along i will add pictures.

Devilboy

Here are some of the photos i have took, but i have stopped any doing anything to it since i am moving.

my skimmer
NW2.jpg

rockwork
newrockscaping.jpg

my SSB after putting in the sand
sandbed.jpg

sorry but thats pretty much all i have so far

lcstorc

Awesome start. I can hardly wait till you get it set up in the new place. Good luck. At least you are moving at the beginning. It is a lot easier when you don't need to worry about the livestock.

cheeks69

Wannabe Guru
RS STAFF
Very nice equip. and LR, just love the shapes of the Marshall/Kaelini !
How do you like the skimmer ? Is it the reciculating model ? Does it have a direct connect from the overflow or are you using a pump to feed it ? I broke my skimmer cup and was seriously looking at those.

fidojoe

Fish Addict
It looks like his is not the recirc (by both the model # and pic), but from everything I've read/heard, they kick the crud out of a G3, out of the box.

I'm kicking around picking one of these up to replace my CSS220, although I did a meshmod about 2 weeks ago, and its working pretty well, so I may hold off.

Devilboy

Awesome start. I can hardly wait till you get it set up in the new place. Good luck. At least you are moving at the beginning. It is a lot easier when you don't need to worry about the livestock.

Very true. No livestock to move. I will just be transpoorting the live rock without water. So when i set the tank back up, the rock will be base rock. Not a big deal. From what i have heard, there are some cool Saltwater stores in the area that carry killer live rock. So i will just get a piece or two and that will have to seed my rock. Then whaaa la i have live rock again.

Devilboy

Very nice equip. and LR, just love the shapes of the Marshall/Kaelini !
How do you like the skimmer ? Is it the reciculating model ? Does it have a direct connect from the overflow or are you using a pump to feed it ? I broke my skimmer cup and was seriously looking at those.

Cheeks i cant comment on the skimmer as of yet. I have only had it running for about 40 hours. I got it too replace my MRC MR1 beckett skimmer.

No, its not a recirc. No direct connect from the overflow. i am using the stock octopus turbine 3000 nw pump to run the skimmer.

I probably wont get much gunk out of it i have no livestock in the tank. just my cured liverock

Devilboy

It looks like his is not the recirc (by both the model # and pic), but from everything I've read/heard, they kick the crud out of a G3, out of the box.

I'm kicking around picking one of these up to replace my CSS220, although I did a meshmod about 2 weeks ago, and its working pretty well, so I may hold off.

Thats the same thing i have heard too. Right outta the box they say it skims like mad.

Devilboy

I will be off for a weeks to complete my move to Ohio. I will have a internet connection long before i am able to get my tank back up and running again...

I will let yall know when i am there. until then have fun and be good

Woodstock

The Wand Geek was here. ;)
RS STAFF
Great start Devilboy!! Have a safe move!

BTW.. I love your appaloosa pic on ReefSpace! :thumbup:

Devilboy

Just wanted to let ya all know i made it back safely to Ohio. Now i can start working on upgrading my tank and putting it back up...:drooool: