Devils Hand Leather ??

traip93

I think I have what is a Devils Hand Leather,

I recently switched to a new tank, after my move the leather has yet to expand (2-3 days) and it's a mildew green color, instead of the usual creamy whitish/yellow with extended small polyps. Will it bounce back? anything I can do to save it?

Montanareefer

Has been struck by the ban stick
It can take a few days to acclimate in the new conditions.

Also it maybe getting ready to shed it's muscus coat to get rid of crap on it. They then come back more beautiful than ever.

That's is a couple of reasons anyways!:)

Dito: when they do start to shed you can give them a boost with a turky baster...blast them until all of the mucus is compleatly off. Its a wonderful site after that...Just like sheding a skin, all shiney and new...lol

Tony

My devels hand sometime will stay closed for days the longest was 24 days but when it opened it seemed to almost double in size, it got huge! New born baby look but not as ugly. here is a picture.

Brucey

Leathers are the strangest corals. You can have a tank packed with exotic difficult to keep SPS's with perfect water and all of a sudden the leather will close up for a week. Try running some carbon in readiness for it sheding it coat.
Brucey