Deltec MCE-600 for sale

BIGGUN

Anyone looking for a Deltec MCE-600 HOB skimmer?

I just took it off my tank tonight. Because of it's location on the sump (under my stand) servicing it is a royal pain due to fact of NO clearance.

I'm hooking up an ETSS external so I don't need this any more.

The pump needs rebuilt or replaced as it frequently won't restart after being unplugged. I have NO idea how much the pump or kit would cost or even where to get it. I never looked into it because I kept meaning to hook up the ETSS.

I'm not sure what to ask for it because I never looked into pump costs.

Let Me know,
Kevin

DaveK

I can't use the skimmer, but I would be interested to hear how the ETSS compares to the Deltec.

BIGGUN

Well....Bigger, Noisier, and uses more electricity.

Now I just need to see how it draws and if it's easier for me to clean. ;)

I'll let you know,
Kevin

DaveK

I was wondering because I also have an ETSS skimmer. I have found that it does consume a lot of power, and does make noise. I think it skims better than other skimmers I have had, but I never tried a Deltec.

I will say that the ETSS skimmer is easy to clean. I use a baby bottle brush for the job.

coors

Anyone looking for a Deltec MCE-600 HOB skimmer?

I just took it off my tank tonight. Because of it's location on the sump (under my stand) servicing it is a royal pain due to fact of NO clearance.

I'm hooking up an ETSS external so I don't need this any more.

The pump needs rebuilt or replaced as it frequently won't restart after being unplugged. I have NO idea how much the pump or kit would cost or even where to get it. I never looked into it because I kept meaning to hook up the ETSS.

I'm not sure what to ask for it because I never looked into pump costs.

Let Me know,
Kevin

How much are you looking for it?

BIGGUN

I'm currently talking to D&D to try to get the parts to make it run right. Once I see how much they are I will have a better idea on what to ask for it.

Kevin

Byrd

I would be interested in the skimmer as well, I am trying to get a skimmer from another user on this site, but they have not replied, to any requests

Thanks in advance.

On a side note do you have ANY idea of at least a range for the skimmer?

TY

BIGGUN

Around $300 for the skimmer once it's fixed.
I don't know what's fair without having a price on the parts.

Kevin

Byrd

Thanks, I may be interested, I am waitning to hear back from Steveoinlvnv, but he has not got back to me-beat_dead_horse
Thanks for the quick reply, I just downloaded the PDF for the Deltec gonna check it out, I will look for your reply.
Thanks!!

DaveK

Iwaki pumps don't have much in the way of problems. I would recommend using unions and ball valves on the intake to the pump, and on it's output. This make the pump easy to remove and clean. I do mine about every 6 months or so.

The ETSS skimmer is also easy to adjust. If your getting water out the top, you may have too many mini bioballs in it. Remove 1 or 2 till that stops. Adjusting the skimmer itself is via the gate valve. It only takes 1/4 ture to change the level in the skimmer. The flow from the skimmer must be constant. I mounted my skimmer about 1 ft higher than the base of my sump. I get more noise and splashing in the sump, but the skimmer is at a constant level. If I were doing it again, I'd only mout it about 6" higher.