decent

lcstorc

Sorry, I have never had a hang on skimmer. I know that a lot of people use the Aqua C Remora sikimmer when they need a HOB skimmer. That is really the only one I have heard about repeatedly.

InLimbo87

I like my coralife super skimmer, and I think that the model for 65 gallons and smaller is only like 80 bucks or somewhere around there. The needle wheel pump works really well. Only issue that I HAD (before I moved it to the sump) was that the pump and skimmer were quite large for my 30g cube. It also tends to need more adjusting when it is hanging on because of fluctuating water levels.

munki

I like my coralife super skimmer, and I think that the model for 65 gallons and smaller is only like 80 bucks or somewhere around there. The needle wheel pump works really well. Only issue that I HAD (before I moved it to the sump) was that the pump and skimmer were quite large for my 30g cube. It also tends to need more adjusting when it is hanging on because of fluctuating water levels.

hi
is this the one that you are talking about? i dont know if this will fit on the back of my tank
Coralife Super Skimmer Protein Skimmer / Gina's Aquarium Supply

InLimbo87

Yup thats it. It'll fit on the back of your tank for sure. I had it on the back of my 30g cube with a lot less space for equipment on the back.

iluvzigz

PREMIUM
yeah..dont skimp...i was gonna buy the aqua c but...didnt really have the space in back so i got the slim redsea prizim dlx..well i wish i got the aqua c now. good luck my man.

cheeks69

Wannabe Guru
RS STAFF
I'll throw another one out there for the heck of it... Aquamedic Turbofloater Multi.

Great skimmer that doesn't get alot fanfare. This is what mine pulls out every few days.

122_2276.jpg

The Deltec MCE HOT skimmers are also excellent skimmers.

Raf

the remora or Deltec MCE300 is the ONLY ones I would reccomend so far DONT bother with the PRIZIM, waste of time and $$ IME.

:)

munki

ok cool thanks for the reply. i think i read somwhere that you also had a fowlr. do you have a skimmer on that?