Dealing with aggressive clown fish.. Will solitary confinement work?

dmatt88

Has been struck by the ban stick
Sasquatch started it. Haha.

Matt's DROIDX using Forum Runner since idiots hacked thru tapatalk.

dmatt88

See! He's doing it again.

dmatt88

Oh great I've been hit with the evil eye. After 40 years on this earth I felt I was safe. Nope.

dmatt88

Haha. I'm still thinking about the roofing guy advertising. Let's have some fun with that next.

JGard911

UPDATE

The big black clowfish hasn't figured out that "Nemo" is supposed to be the star of the tank and that I don't like it when he keeps him confined to a cave in the rock formation. So the "bully" is headed back to the LFS today.

Lesson learned: Once a bully, always a bully. Solitary confinement doesn't work. :updown:

Hope he gets adopted by "Darla" from "Nemo" and realizes how good he had it in my tank.

Seperating the pair of black ocellaris, for that long, could open a whole new can of problems. Keep your pairs together if you want them to remain paired.

UPDATE

The big black clowfish hasn't figured out that "Nemo" is supposed to be the star of the tank and that I don't like it when he keeps him confined to a cave in the rock formation. So the "bully" is headed back to the LFS today.

Lesson learned: Once a bully, always a bully. Solitary confinement doesn't work. :updown:

Hope he gets adopted by "Darla" from "Nemo" and realizes how good he had it in my tank.

Whoops, didntnotice the second page before I posted. Are the black clowns still together or has he (the smaller one) been accepted by the orange pair?

JGard911

Are the black clowns still together or has he (the smaller one) been accepted by the orange pair?

Jedi

My first attempt, I took both black clowns out of the DT for about a month. I put the smaller black clown back in first, and he seemed to get along. When I put the bigger black clown back in, they both started bullying the orange clowns again.

I just got the bigger black clown out last night. The smaller black clown is still trying to be a bully, but the two orange clowns are now sticking up for themselves and fighting back and swimming more freely around the tank.

I am taking the bigger black clown back to the LFS today. My plan is to leave the smaller black clown on his own for a while. I hope that if the pecking order shifts back to the orange clowns favor, then I may try and re-introduce a "mate" for the black clown at a later date. I hope a 2nd black clown, the same size or smaller than the orange clowns will work out. But I think that is a risky proposition also.

sasquatch

Brunt of all Jokes~
PREMIUM
you can teach an old dog new tricks but if you cut your fingers off in the hen house the chickens will eat them