Cyclopeeze!

nigle

Oi!

Have any of you out there in cyberreef ever heard of cyclopeese frozen food?

I just got some yesterday from my LFS and they said that the fish and corals would love it.

Well I tried it last night and the fish went NUTZ! It was like they weren't fed for 3 days.

I 'fed' some to my bubble and sun coral, and they both loved it too. I actually saw sweepers after I fed the stuff. I've never seen sweepers before when I feed.

Cheers!
nigle
!~!

Maxx

I got some from Curt.
He calls it Fish Crack! cause the lil suckers go nuts over it! I agree! Might not want to feed to ofen tho'. Curt said something about people documenting that fish sometimes didnt want to est other foods after a prologed feeding regimen...don't know for sure tho"
Nick

mredman

I feed it daily and can see a big difference - the dendronepthyas and yellow finger gorgonians rely on it. In addition, royal grammas and chromis love it, and my scolymias completely invert their tentacles to grab whatever they can. I use the frozen version.

Mike

DocG

I have been using the freeze dried stuff for about 2 weeks now and I really like it.

As you said, everything goes nuts for the stuff.

Obviously a week isn't enough time to notice a gross change in the apperence of my creatures (everything looked good before I started using it).

I am mixing a little in with the food for the fish and I am target feeding my corals with it.

I did a fair bit of research on it and don't remember anything even resembling a negative response to it.

Great stuff

sorcerer

Court Computer Wiz
I've been using it 4 or 5 months now, both the freeze dried and the frozen. Haven't noticed any ill effects and everything in the tank loves it.

The freeze dried is more convenient but the frozen stays in the water column longer, IME.

I've never seen anyone post anything negative, except for one guy who dumped half a container of freeze dried in his tank by accident and had a bit of an orange water problem..

Spooda420

Yeah ever since the LFS started to carry it Ive used it, however I only use it part of my weekly diet for them

Monday - No food
Tuesday- Fish Mush
Wednesday- Nori
Thursday - No food
Friday - spectrum complete
Satuday- cyclopeeze
Sunday- No food

I try to keep to this schedule

mredman

Originally posted by sorcerer
I've never seen anyone post anything negative, except for one guy who dumped half a container of freeze dried in his tank by accident and had a bit of an orange water problem..

Whoa! I heard dropping a bag a cheetos in the tank can have the same effect!

Mike

SaltyQueen

mredman- my friend had a freshwater tank, and her daughter decided to "feed" some Frito's to the fish- needless to say, they went to "sleep" for a long time... ;)

ReefLady

Staff member
OK, I'm really ready to get my hands on this stuff... where can I get it??? Huh? Huh?

:smirk:

Witfull

ive been trying to get it locally for a while and cant,,,and i cant see onlining it id have to make a big order to justify cost.

EdgeKrusher

It's like $40 per pound. If anyone lives in the Twin Cities, MN or close let me know cuz my buddy gets it and will sell 1/4 lb for $10. Good deal IMO.

peace

EK

EDIT: This is not a drug deal though it kinda sounds like one. LOL

Spooda420

Originally posted by EdgeKrusher
It's like $40 per pound.

EDIT: This is not a drug deal though it kinda sounds like one. LOL

you took the words right out of my mouth... 40 for a pound is a good deal, split it up and cut it with never mind.

nigle

Oi!

Wow, thanks for the responses. I was hoping that I wasn't going crazy when my fish went 'NUTZ' for the stuff.

Mine was $12 for 3 oz, for the frozen, but it will last me for a great while. Just a thumb nail size piece fed the entire 75 gal, 11 fish and all the sweepers going at once.

I looked at the 75 at the LFS too and after they had fed a piece, the sweepers were out in there too. They never mentioned about the freeze/dried so I will find out if they have it too.

I will be careful about not feeding it too often. I could see where they [fish] could get finiky. They are already looking at the Prime Reef frozen like 'what's this crap!', but it's all they are getting on some days so it's either 'eat' or 'go hungry', HA!

Thanks for the posts.

Cheers!
nigle
!~!

mredman

Originally posted by SaltyQueen
mredman- my friend had a freshwater tank, and her daughter decided to "feed" some Frito's to the fish- needless to say, they went to "sleep" for a long time... ;)

Saltqueen......."orange" you glad it did not happen to you!!!

Mike

Curtswearing

Nigle,

I'm glad to have the tubastrea expert here. I hope you let me bug you if I get stuck with a question.

I don't think it is expensive because you need so little of it to feed your tank.

Here is some info http://www.freezerbar.com/

BTW----I put a review in the review section for this product.

EdgeKrusher

I wish I could read the reviews, but like the photo gallery the text is almost the same color as the back ground. errr...