cyano problem in mature reef

sebastian

i ahve cyano problem for last 30 days..... everything looks normal (what i know after 6 years ..hehehhe) i replaced bulbs for 10k hamiltons 2 weeks ago and that THING is still growing....water changes right now are once a week..phos reactor with new load 3 weeks ago..... it grows only on my wave maker and one big rock and one spot on the sand.......all these places have very good flow....can you halp me to fight that :yehoo: oh... i do not want to add any super mixtures to my reef:help: :help:

Dentoid

Smile Maker
PREMIUM
Are you running any actinic bulbs or fluorescent bulbs? If so they are the ones that change spectrum as they age. They tend to change towards the red spectrum that favors cyano.

sebastian

yeah.. i have 4 but i changed them like 4 mnts ago hmmmm....can thay be garbage that quick???? or other ideas?:nopity:
:hug1:

blue_eyes53813

Clean clean clean. reduce feedings and it may be possible alot of food has settled or is settling on the rocks, Clean all filters and sponges daily... It takes awhile to get rid of the algae.. Also shutting the lights off for a few days helps alot. Monitor all corals during this time.. If they show any stress turn the lights back on.

sebastian

my ro filters are 1mnth old, maybe frozen food is resposible....i was always (2years +) using S Francisco brand but over mnth ago there was time i coudn't buy it for weeks so i bought different brand... harikari... hmmmmm is that the reason....why cyano is only in very high flow area??